Grain-Free Fajita Salad - Flavorful, spicy, tangy, and sweet with just the right amount of lemon and ground turmeric. Paired with sweet sauteed onions makes this fajita salad, a salad to remember. Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Paleo, and Nut-free too!
Grain-Free and Gluten-Free Turmeric Fajita Salad is something I never planned on posting. After all, I just threw a bunch of ingredients into a bowl. Half of the ingredients were my own, while half were leftovers from a restaurant. But I realize these are the kinds of meals we need the most help with. Realizing that leftovers can be beautiful meals. Here's how to do it...
Let's say you order a salad from a restaurant. You'll then take that salad and add a bunch of other stuff you've made to it making it a complete entree salad of your desire with all the nutrient fixings!
INGREDIENTS FROM THE RESTAURANT
- Mesclun salad
- Grilled chicken
- Raw onions
- Balsamic vinegar
- Grape tomatoes
- Ripe avocado slices
- Sea Salt
- Fresh lemon juice
- Siete Cassava Flour Tortillas
HOW TO MAKE AN EASY GRAIN-FREE FAJITA SALAD
- When you are dining out make sure to have a bag on hand of extra superfoods, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit to add to your salads
- Dining at home? Order a salad, and then add all the salad toppings you want to use are at your disposal
- Always add ripe avocado
- Make sure whatever you order has no dressing or sauces. Get it dry
- Then create your own fajita salad dressing with the simplest of ingredients like olive oil and lemon, salt and pepper, apple cider vinegar and oil, balsamic vinegar, and oil
- And for a thicker dressing mash avocado with lime juice and coconut yogurt
- Serve it with 2 Siete cassava flour soft tortillas
- Have a protein ready such as chicken, steak, tofu, shrimp, etc - If you don't feel like making the protein order that from the take-out restaurant
- Either prepare your greens at home or get them from a restaurant and assemble your meal rather than creating the entire meal
- CHOP your greens. Grab the chopper here.
THE PART YOU HAVE TO COOK
- On medium heat in a saucepan add olive oil and your choice of cooked shredded protein. I used grilled chicken
- Add fresh lemon juice and the sliced red onions and sautee with the protein
- All at once you'll add the turmeric (up to ¾ tablespoon) and blend it into the lime juice
- Plus a few dashes of sea salt
This is the fajita salad tastes like the way I used to remember it, only with better for you ingredients. Grain-free does not have to be hard.
OTHER LUNCH RECIPES
READY TO GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS?
Grain-Free Fajita Salad
- saute pan
- 1 large/entree salad from the diner that includes grape tomatoes, mesclun greens, sliced raw red onions and grilled chicken salad from the diner
- ½ whole avocado ripe
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoon olive oil extra virgin
- ¾ tablespoon turmeric ground, organic
- 1 whole lemon squeezed
- 2 teaspoon pink salt Himalayan
- ¼ teaspoon pepper to taste, add more if needed
- 2 whole Cassava flour tortillas cooked
- Heat the saute pan with cooking spray and some avocado or olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Shred the already cooked chicken and add it to the saute pan. Also, add the red onions to the saute pan.
- Drop in the balsamic vinegar into the pan (stand away it may splash onto your clothes)
- Combine the chicken, the onions and all seasonings and blend together until well mixed. Then set aside and turn off the heat.
- Chop greens and tomatoes with a large knife or a salad chopper and put into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the chicken and onion mixture and mix in the avocado until you have a chicken salad consistency. You can use your hands.
- Add to salad, serve immediately and enjoy! And don't forget your Cassava flour tortillas!
Health and goodness,