I prefer going sugar free when it comes to Chia Pudding. Meaning, no added sugar. But if you are a sugar whore and you need your fix try maple syrup, raw honey, coconut sugar. And just a little goes a long way.
The best part is? Your brain thinks it’s dessert! So you think you are eating a treat, but low and behold it’s healthy!
The benefits? OMG this little seed is LOADED with goodness!
- Was eaten by the Aztecs for strength. Boosts energy!
- Excellent vegetarian source of Omega Fatty Acids (Omega-3, Omega-6, Omega-9)
- Stabilizes blood sugar
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Aids Digestion
- It contains more natural antioxidants then flaxseed
- Excellent source of dietary fiber
- Versatile in any recipe as an addition (in small quantities)
- It’s a healthy fat but low in fat!
- Carries large amounts of Magnesium which is great for muscles and helps you sleep
- Diabetic friendly