How To Make Easy Hemp Milk
Hemp milk is an easy dairy-free, nut-free, plant-based milk full of nutrients. It's naturally creamy, and nutty in flavor making it a wonderful choice for baking, breakfast, and smoothies. This Easy Hemp Milk recipe only requires 2 ingredients!
Servings: 3 cups
nut milk bag
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 3 cups spring water
How to Naturally Sweeten
- 1 tsp optional: vanilla extract organic
- 1/4 tsp optional: cinnamon organic
- 1/4 tsp optional: cardamom organic
- 1 drop optional: liquid stevia organic
Add hemp seeds and spring water into a high-speed blender and blast until well-combined and smooth. Blend together until it's creamy white and no particles are floating in the mixture.
Using a nut-milk bag over a medium-sized bowl, strain hemp mixture through the bag and into the bowl. Squeeze and strain as much milk as you can.
Optional if you want to add flavors. Rinse blender again. Then add milk back to the blender and all add your spices. Blend again, and store in a sealed glass container for up to 1 week.
- Use organic whenever possible.
- A cheesecloth will not work as well with this seed. I recommend the nut bag for this milk.
- Stevia is an option for those who like a low glycemic sweetener. Make sure the ingredients on the package say Pure Stevia and make sure it's not cut with additives. The ingredients should be pure and simple.
- All spices and extracts are optional and should also be organic. This can be enjoyed plain as well. I usually make it plain and then add spices later on.
- Homemade Hemp Milk can be stored in the fridge for up to a week in a sealed jar container.