Carrot Cake Moon Milk
This dreamy Carrot Cake Moon Milk is a tasty bedtime Ayurvedic tonic made to help you relax, and sleep. Sweetened with pure maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom to help you wind down after a long day! Dairy-free, refined sugar-free, nut-free, and paleo-approved.
Servings: 2 people
Microwave or Stovetop
- 2 large organic carrots peeled
- ¼ cup water (to make the carrot juice) plus a bit extra water
- 1 ¼ cup coconut milk or your choice of plant milk
- ¼ cup carrot juice
- 2 tbsp carrot juice
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 scoop collagen powder, unflavored
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 pinches pink salt or sea salt
- 1 pinch turmeric (for color)
- 1 dose CBD Tincture
HOW TO MAKE THE CARROT JUICE
In a high-speed blender blast together the water with the carrots until you create a liquid mixture that is well blended.
Strain mixture over a bowl with a nut-milk bag, discard pulp. Refrigerate juice while not in use.
When ready to use measure out ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons.
HOW TO MAKE THE MOON MILK
Together in a high-speed blender add the carrot juice, cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, milk of choice, collagen powder, coconut butter, turmeric, and blast on high till well blended.
Pour into a microwaveable mug, add the maple syrup and stir. Heat moon milk in the microwave for 1 ½ minutes. Remove and stir again. *Note that the mixture will look totally different than before it went into the microwave. This is normal. That's the maple syrup. You can serve it now or...
MOON MILK FROTH OPTION
FROTH OPTION: Stir again and add back to blender and blast on high for the foamy bubbles and froth. Once blasted for about 30 seconds, pour into a mug, and add your favorite CBD tincture dose and enjoy.
- If you don't want to make pure carrot juice, you can buy it. Just make sure it doesn't have any added sugar.
- If you are Vegan omit the collagen powder or use a vanilla plant-based protein powder of choice or plant collagen if workable, or add an additional teaspoon of coconut butter.
- This can easily serve two people, or if you want it all to yourself it also serves 1.