Paleo Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
These Paleo Carrot Cake Bliss Balls are a healthy treat with vibrant carrot and cinnamon flavor, and a soft texture. They're packed with plant-based protein, fiber, and tastes like a decadent dessert! Dairy-free, paleo, vegan, nut-free, and refined sugar-free too!
Servings: 15 bliss balls
- 1 cup coconut chips shreds
- 1 ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup Medjool Dates packed, and soaked
- 1 ½ cups chopped carrots grated down to ¾ cup
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ⅛ tsp sea salt or pink salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup dark amber
First, soak Medjool dates in hot water for 15 minutes, pitted
Grate your carrots. In a food processor pulse 1 ½ cups of chopped carrots and pulse them on high until grated. This is an essential step to making your Bliss Balls amazing!
Pulse together the coconut chips, and sunflower seeds in a food processor for about 1 minute or until the mixture is a fine meal.
Then mix in ¾ cup grated carrots, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, nutmeg, and pulse for 15 seconds. Add in maple syrup, and Medjool dates and pulse until a sticky dough forms.
Using your hands roll into bite-sized balls and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Then store in the freezer for at least 3 hours before serving.
When you are ready to eat let bliss balls sit out to defrost for 1-3 minutes and enjoy. Stores well in the freezer for up to 1 month or longer.
- How you grate your carrots do matter! We don't want chunks here. WE want finely grated carrot.
You may have to open the lid and with a spatula move the dough around, and scrape the sides and pulse again, and again till well blended.
If your food processor cannot handle the size simply cut your dough in half and pulse half at a time and then combine the two into your dough for rolling.
If you find your dough is not sticky enough, add a date or two.
Make sure you are using Medjool dates, they are juicy and extra moist and have a caramel-like flavor.
- If you want these to be completely added sugar-free than omitting the maple syrup. you totally do not need it, I love it without the maple syrup too.
- Because these bliss balls use carrots that are raw these can only be kept for about 2 weeks in the freezer.