Carrot Cake Raw Slice
This healthy Carrot Cake Raw Slice with a Maple Glaze is a no-bake, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar-ree recipe that tastes rich and decadent! The base is made with oats, coconut, sunflower seeds, and warming spices like cinnamon, and nutmeg. This carrot cake slice is the perfect sweet confection!
Servings: 12 slices
5x9 bread pan
CARROT CAKE SLICE BASE
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup certified gluten-free oats
- 1 ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup Medjool dates packed cup, pitted
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup grated carrots (start with 1 ½ cups chopped carrots and grate them down to ¾ cup.
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ⅛ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Grate your carrots. In a food processor pulse 1 ½ cups of chopped carrots and pulse them on high until grated down to ¾ cup.
Soak your Medjool dates in warm water for 15 minutes. Remove pits first.
Mix coconut chips, gluten-free oats, and sunflower seeds in a food processor and pulse into a meal. About 1-2 minutes.
Then mix in grated carrots, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pulse for another 15 seconds.
Add in vanilla extract, maple syrup, and Medjool dates and pulse until a sticky dough forms (all the while scraping down the sides of the food processor as needed.)
Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper. Using your hands spread the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan and place it into the freezer to set. In the meantime, let's make the glaze.
MAPLE CINNAMON GLAZE
Melt coconut oil in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Remove from heat, and add in maple syrup, and cinnamon and mix until well blended.
Spread the maple glaze mixture on top of the dough layer. Tilt the pan back and forth until the glaze is evenly distributed. Freeze for a total of 4 hours.
HOW TO SLICE
Keep in the freezer for at least 4 hours before serving.
Once ready remove from the freezer by lifting the parchment paper up and out. Cut into slices with a sharp knife, and let defrost for about 5 minutes.
Store in the freezer in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.
- You may have to open the lid and with a spatula move the dough around, and scrape the sides and pulse again, and again till well blended.
- If your food processor cannot handle the size simply cut your dough in half and pulse half at a time and then combine the two doughs.
- If you find that your dough is not sticky enough, add a date or two.
- Make sure you are using Medjool dates, they are juicier and extra moist which is perfect for this type of baking, and has a caramel-like flavor.