Bonkers for Banana Smoothie
This sunbutter, vanilla, and banana smoothie is a quick and healthy recipe that's perfect for breakfast or as an on-the-go snack! I love how frozen bananas when blended taste like ice cream, so when you blend them it tastes like a decadent dessert milkshake without the added sugar! Naturally gluten-free, and vegan too.
Servings: 1 person
- 1 medium-sized banana
- 1 large handful spinach
- 2 tbsp sunflower seed butter or nut butter of choice
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract or ½ of the vanilla seeds from a pod
- ½ cup skinless cucumber chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk or nut milk of choice
- 3-4 ice cubes
Blast all ingredients together on high except for the ice until smooth and creamy.
You may have to scrape the sides of your high-speed blender.
Add ice and blast again.
Serve with a straw / Serves 1
- If you don't have any kind of milk, you can always use water. It won't be as thick, but it will still be good.
- Use any milk you desire.
- Use any nut or seed butter you'd like.
- Bananas can be non organic, but spinach and cucumber should be organic