Sesame Chocolate Smoothie
This Sesame Chocolate Smoothie recipe is thick, and creamy like a milkshake, sans dairy. Sesame seeds also known as Tahini adds protein, and healthy fats straight to your smoothie and into your belly for optimal digestion. Plus, there's no added sugar yet it tastes like a decadent treat! The perfect breakfast or as an on-the-go snack.
Servings: 1 smoothie
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk or hemp milk
- ¼ cup good quality coconut water
- 1 tbsp good quality coconut water
- ½ large frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen broccoli
- 1 handful spinach
- ⅓ cup skinless cucumber, chopped
- 1 ¼ tbsp tahini butter (sesame butter)
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract or ½ of the inside of a vanilla bean
- 4 drops pure liquid stevia
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp maca root powder
- 1-2 tbsp chocolate powder or raw cacao
- ¼ cup ripe pear optional
In a high-speed blender add the liquid and frozen broccoli and blast until smooth.
Then add the banana, spinach, cucumbers, optional pear and blast again until creamy.
Once blended add in the remaining ingredients: nutmeg, cardamom, chocolate powder, maca root, hemp seeds, stevia, vanilla, and chia seeds. Blast on medium-high until well blended to your creamy desire. Add ice, blast again, and serve over ice with a straw.
- If you don't have all superfoods on hand, you can omit them. Just don't omit the chocolate or the spices.
- If you don't have nutmeg or cardamom you can try cinnamon