Lovers Lane Chocolate Smoothie
This delicious vegan chocolate maca smoothie tastes like a decadent chocolate milkshake! Maca is an adaptogen that combats stress, and fatigue. Enhances endurance, fertility, and strength. Dairy-free, and gluten-free too.
Servings: 1 16oz smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup organic coconut water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup heaping cup of chopped frozen cucumbers peeled, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut butter butter part only
- 2-3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ½ small-sized avocado, ripe
- 2 whole Medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maca root powder
- 3-4 whole ice cubes
- ⅛ cup raw cacao nibs for garnish on top
- ¼ piece frozen banana
- 2 tsp rose water culinary
Add milk, coconut water, and chia seeds to a blender, stir with a fork, and let sit for a minimum of 5 minutes. This helps the mixture thicken.
Then add frozen cucumbers to the mixture, close the lid, and blast until you have a slushy mixture. If you've decided you want to add banana, here is where you would do it.
Stop the blender and add the coconut butter, avocado, raw cacao powder, Medjool dates, vanilla, and maca root powder, and blast on high until you have a very creamy smoothie.
Add the ice, and the rosewater and give it one more blast on medium. Pour into a glass and enjoy.
- If this smoothie is too thin, add more avocado
- If this smoothie is too thick, add more milk
- If you need more of a chocolate fix add up to ¼ cup of raw cacao
- If you cannot use the milk in this recipe, choose milk that works for you.
- If you want it extra frosty place it in the freezer for 20 minutes before consuming.