Lemon Poppy Bliss Balls
Easy Lemon Poppy Bliss Balls with the dreamiest sweet lemon taste that you won’t be able to resist! One of the best treats that can be made for breakfast, snack or dessert guilt-free. Gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free too!
Servings: 12 pieces
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shreds packed
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds raw
- 2 tbsp gluten-free oats certified gluten-free
- 1 ½ tsp fresh lemon zest organic, use a grater
- ¾ tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup for vegans
- 1-2 tbsp water spring
- ½ cup dark chocolate morsels
- 1 tbsp coconut oil packed, solid
Blast sunflower seeds on high in a food processor for 3-4 minutes, occasionally scraping sides and bottom with a spatula or spoon. You’ll want to process these until you get a cookie consistency.
Then add all the other ingredients except the water and blast on high for an additional 2-3 minutes. Set your timer.
In the meantime prepare to make the chocolate sauce if you want to make your bliss balls chocolate covered. For the chocolate sauce microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwavable bowl on 20-second intervals until melted. Max 1 minute. Mix well in between each interval. Set aside.
Then add the water to the food processor 1 tablespoon at a time (max 2) until your mixture forms into a ball or is sticky enough to roll into balls.
Prepare a cupcake tin with liners.
Form 12 balls from the mixture. Roll in poppy seeds or just cover in melted chocolate and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
Stores well in the freezer. Keep in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- When rolling the dough your hands will be sticky. Rinse your hands with warm water in between each roll, it makes the bliss ball smoother.
- You can also roll your bliss balls in grated coconut shreds, or chia seeds.
- All time frames will differ depending on the power of your food processor. Plan accordingly.
- Gluten-Free oats I used are Bob's Red Mill
- I also love to use these poppy seeds that are organic
- I grate my organic lemons myself using this handy cheese grater