OMG Everything Gluten-Free Caramel Crunch Cups
Crunchy & chocolaty with sweet date caramel and salty Sunbutter all in one mega crunch cup! The dessert you'll never forget and dream about for days to come. These OMG Everything Gluten-Free Caramel Crunch Cups are out of this world delicious!
- ½ bar Lily's Sea Salted Dark Chocolate bar
- 2 ¼ tsp coconut oil solid
- 3 Medjool dates soaked & pitted
- 2 tsp unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ tsp Runamok brand maple syrup vanilla & cinnamon-infused
- 2 tbsp quinoa crunchies
- ½-1 tsp roasted watermelon seeds I use Go Raw
- 1 tsp raw sunflower seeds
- 1 ¾ tbsp unsweetened sunflower seed butter
In a microwavable bowl add ½ dark chocolate bar with sea salt and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and melt on high for 1 minute. Mix well.
Add liners to your cupcake tray. Then add ¾ tablespoon melted chocolate into each cupcake liner to create the base of the chocolate cup. Pat the pan on the counter to even the chocolate.
Freeze for 15 minutes.
CENTER - MIDDLE LAYER
Take 3 dates and add them to a bowl of warm water. Cover in water. Soak the dates for under 5 minutes. Once soaked, drain. Remove pits.
With a fork or avocado smasher, mash the 3 soaked pitless dates into a date paste. Then add the 2 teaspoon coconut milk, ¼ teaspoon coconut oil, ¼ teaspoon maple syrup, and ¼ teaspoon sunflower seed butter and continue to mix into a smooth and sticky paste.
Once smooth and sticky add 2 teaspoons date caramel to the middle of the frozen cups.
Then take a ½ tablespoon of additional sunflower seed butter and add that as well to the inside of the cup on the outer edges.
TOP - FINAL LAYER
Take the remaining melted chocolate mixture and add watermelon seeds, quinoa crunchies, and sunflower seeds and mix well. Consistency will be chunky.
Fill the cup with a spoonful of crunchy chocolate, tapping the counter again for a smooth and even top layer.
Use the remaining mixture evenly. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight, then enjoy right out of the freezer!
- Don’t make this harder on yourself. If you make a mistake, don’t worry about it! These cups can easily be tweaked a thousand times to suit your needs. Have some fun!
- The coconut oil makes these melt easily! Have napkins on hand for that melt in your hand sort of treat.
- If you don’t use a sea salted chocolate bar, then just add a pinch of sea salt to your top base mixture.
- If you don’t use infused maple syrup, just use regular maple syrup.
- You must pair this cup with my Cinnamon Infused Gluten-Free Oatmeal recipe, it’s divine! And a pair worth having together!!!!