Healthy Chocolate Sunbutter Smoothie
A hidden vegetable makes this Sunbutter Chocolate Smoothie extra creamy, extra frozen, healthy, and tastes like a creamy peanut butter smoothie minus the peanut butter with all the chocolate! Dairy-free, paleo, and refined sugar-free too!
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower organic, raw
- 1/2-3/4 cup Tigernut milk or plant-based milk of choice
- 1 1/4 tbsp Sunbutter creamy
- 1 scoop collagen peptides unflavored, Vital Proteins
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup ripe pear chopped
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder gluten-free
- 2 drops liquid stevia Nu Naturals
- 2 cups ice
In a high-speed blender, blast the cauliflower and 1/2 cup of the Tiger nut milk till well blended.
Add all other ingredients into the blender except the ice and blast until well blended and creamy. At this point if the smoothie is too thick you can add the additional 1/4 cup of milk.
Add ice and blast again.
Serve immediately over ice OR freeze for an additional 30 minutes for a serious frosty.
- If you cannot use pear, you can also use 1/2 of a large green apple or 1/4 fresh ripe mango.
- Use any plant-based milk you like. The original recipe from Natalie used almond milk and almond butter. I switched it to Sunbutter and Tiger nut milk.
- Don’t be afraid to switch it up depending on your food sensitivities, allergies, and elimination diets.
- Here are my two recipes for making Tiger Nut milk:
- Smoothie making will never be the same without this stellar tip Natalie of Feasting on Fruit Blog mentioned about this particular smoothie. It's a real game changer! Usually, you add all the ingredients and blast. This time first you will blend together the cauliflower and milk till well blended. Then we will add the other ingredients. Usually, smoothie making is a one-step process. But smoothies using cauliflower use a 2-step process that in turn creates a magically thick smoothie.