How Quinoa Milk Gave Me My Confidence Back
This homemade quinoa milk has a great taste and is just as thick as cow’s milk, only dairy-free! A beautiful plant-based milk option for anyone with dairy allergies, or intolerances that has less fat than other milk and more protein than almond milk, soy milk, rice milk, cashew milk, and others. Add this 3-ingredient homemade quinoa milk to your milk rotation.
Servings: 3 cups
nut milk bag
- 3 cups spring water
- 1 cup white quinoa unsoaked, organic
- 1 tbsp organic honey or maple syrup optional
- 1 cup ice cubes
Blast all ingredients together (sans ice) on medium/high in a high-speed blender.
You may need to scrape the sides every so often.
Keep blending until smooth.
Over a large bowl filled with ice transfer the mixture into the nut-milk bag and strain the milk into the bowl. You can do this in steps.
Strain until there is no liquid left.
Store milk in the refrigerator in a sealed glass container or containers. Milk is good for up to 3-4 days. Discard pulp from the bag or save it for homemade crackers.
- Sweetener is optional
- Is milk too thick? Blend in more water
- Want a little sugar? I like using 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- If you are on the Candida diet omit the sugar
- If you are on the SIBO diet you can have up to 2 teaspoons in the whole batch