Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies
Fudgy, dense, moist, and decadent describes these Gluten-Free Vegan Black Bean Brownies! Black beans are the secret trick to making super fudgy brownies that are also dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. The perfect snack or dessert on any occasion.
Servings: 9 brownies
- 1 cup canned black beans drained
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup grapeseed oil
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats gluten-free
- 2 tbsp quick-cooking oats gluten-free
- 2 tbsp carob powder gluten-free
- 2 tsp unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- ½ cup gluten-free dark chocolate chips
- 1 handful gluten-free dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
In a food processor add the oats and ground flax and process till it’s a fine blend. Then add the sea salt, baking powder, beans, maple syrup, grapeseed oil, and blend again till well mixed.
Add the remainder of the ingredients Except the chocolate chips. And process till smooth.
Keep blending really well! This may take a few minutes. You want the mixture to be really smooth without seeing any whole particles of the oats or beans.
Once blended transfer to a large bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
Grease an 8×8 brownie pan and add mixture into the pan. Wet your hands to push down on the mixture and move it to fill the entire pan, or use a spatula. You can even add a few chips on top.
Place in the oven on the Middle Rack and bake for 16 minutes. YOU MUST LET THESE COOL for at least 10-15 minutes. Store in the fridge when not eating.
- I like these best cold and defrosted. So you can go either way. You can eat them right out of the fridge, or you can let them sit on the counter for a half-hour and then eat them.
- Whatever you do, these are black beans so you must keep them refrigerated because of the mold factor. Black beans hold a lot of moisture and so its’s shelf-life is less than most brownies. Its shelf-life can live longer in the fridge. The shelf-life is about 1 week.
- As for canned beans, my favorite brand to use is EDEN. Eden is organic and BPA lining free.
- Make sure you use a gluten-free carob powder like Chatfields.
- Make sure you use a gluten-free chocolate powder such as Hershey's.