Gluten-Free Carob Hot Cocoa
5-Ingredient Gluten-Free Carob Hot Cocoa is an excellent option for those who cannot have caffeine but want that same chocolate taste. Made with a delicious mix of carob powder, plant-based milk, cinnamon, stevia, and a dash of raw cocoa powder. Gluten-free, vegan, paleo, and refined sugar-free!
Servings: 2 people
- 1 cup Lite coconut milk, canned
- 1 ½ cup spring water
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tbsp gluten-free carob powder
- 1 tsp raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 3-5 drops chocolate flavored liquid stevia optional
In a high-speed blender, blast on high all ingredients for 1-2 minutes. The longer you do it the frothier it gets.
Pour mixture into a mug and microwave for 2 minutes.
Let cool and enjoy.
- I love Nu Naturals chocolate flavored liquid stevia for this recipe.
- If you cannot tolerate coconut milk use any plant-based milk of choices such as almond, hemp milk, soy milk, pistachio milk, cashew or macadamia milk, or dairy milk 2%.
- Adding any other sweetener to this drink will make this drink not suitable for those with Candida, or on sugar-free diets.
- But, if a little sweetener is what you need to try pure grade maple syrup, honey, or brown rice syrup.