Simple Dairy-Free Hot Cocoa
Simple Dairy-Free Hot Cocoa! A dairy-free hot cocoa recipe that uses hemp milk, cinnamon, cardamom, and cocoa. Tastes just as delicious as regular hot cocoa, and is ready in the microwave in less than 5 minutes. Paleo, gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan.
Servings: 3 people
- 1 cup hemp seed milk
- 1 ¼ cup spring water
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp granulated stevia powder
- 1 pinch granulated stevia powder
Blender together all ingredients in a high-speed blender until foamy.
Pour hot cocoa mixture into cups and microwave for 1 ½ minutes, covered
Let cool and serve.
- I highly recommend making your own hemp seed milk because it will be much creamier than store-bought.
- To make your own hemp seed milk check out my recipe How To Make Easy Hemp Milk and only use the first two ingredients.
- If the mixture is too thick and chocolatey for your liking you can add more water. It is totally delicious both ways.
- You can always sub the hemp milk for cashew milk, almond milk, coconut milk, Tigernut milk, or other non-dairy milk.
- Remember! Choose unsweetened milk if you are on a sugar-free or Candida diet.
- And if you want it to be sweeter you can either add more Stevia, or add a different type of sugar like coconut sugar, or raw sugar.
- Remember if you are on the Candida diet do not add additional sugar other than Stevia.
- My favorite brand of powdered stevia is by SweetLeaf.