All I can say is-This is the easiest recipe I have ever made! I think this is the easiest recipe that anyone will ever make besides making eggs and toast. It’s effortless, nutritious, healthy and creamy. Why Hemp Milk? Well…It’s a great alternative to dairy milk. It’s nut free, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and vegan and it’s delicious! There are no additives or thickeners in the homemade version. It is lactose free and Casein free! And making it homemade is cheaper then buying the store bought! Cha-ching! Hemp seeds are known as a plant based protein superfood because it is packed with nutrients, and vitamins like Iron, Vitamin A, Potassium and Magnesium.
There is 86mg of Magnesium! Magnesium helps with muscle spasms, regulates sleep and well…keeps you “regular”.
Did you know that Hemp Seeds are a huge source of Omega-3’s? And Omega-6. This seed contains all the essential amino acids to make up a complete protein. Translation? Super good for your body!
Hemp seeds are one of the best Vegetarian sources of Protein!
Hemp milk is one of my favorite “go-to” milks for green smoothies, baking, hot cocoa and coffee.
And no. For all you guys out there pondering curiosity…You cannot get “high” from Hemp Seeds as there is no THC. So eating hemp seeds will not affect a drug test. I put this here, because I get so many questions about this.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1/2 cup hemp seeds
3 cups filtered water
optional: 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
optional: 1/4-1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
optional: 1/4 tsp. Cardamom
Optional: 1/4 tsp. powder Stevia ( I like sweet leaf)
KITCHEN ESSENTIALS NEEDED:
High speed blender
big cooking bowl
-Use organic whenever possible
-a cheesecloth will not work as well with this seed. I recommend the nut bag for this milk.
-Stevia is an option for those who like a low glycemic sweetener. Make sure the ingredients on the package say Pure Stevia, and make sure it’s not cut with additives. The ingredients should be pure and simple.
-All spices and extracts are optional. This can be enjoyed plain as well. I usually make it plain and then add spices later on.
-Homemade Hemp Milk can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
1. Pour Hemp Seeds (un-rinsed) into your blender along with 3 cups of filtered water. (I made mine in the Nutribullet).
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 3 cups filtered water
- optional: 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- optional: ¼-1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- optional: ¼ tsp. Cardamom
- Optional: ¼ tsp. powder Stevia ( I like sweet leaf)
- Pour Hemp Seeds (un-rinsed) into your blender along with 3 cups of filtered water. (I made mine in the Nutribullet).
- Close lid of blender.
- Blend on high speed till color turns creamy white.
- Open lid of blender and add Vanilla extract, Nutmeg or Cinnamon, Cardamom, and Stevia and blend again.
- Prepare to drain. In a separate bowl, place the Nut Bag in the middle, opened.
- Pour the mixture into the nut bag. Grip tightly at the top and squeeze milk into the bowl. (It looks like a little comes out, but that's because I had to take the picture). A lot squeezes through the nut bag all at once. Prepare to get your hands dirty.
- Repeat this step until you have poured all of the hemp mixture into the bag, and squeezed out all the milk you possibly can. When you are done, the waste will be left inside the bag. Simply rinse it out when finished.
- What's left in the bowl is your creamy, delicious Homemade Hemp Milk. This recipe gives 3 cups and should be refrigerated. It lasts up to 1 week. Once refrigerated it separates. Simply shake it up each time you want to have some.