Chocolate Mousse Smoothie (paleo & vegan)
This Chocolate Mousse Smoothie is loaded with zucchini as the hidden veggie! You'll never taste it, instead, this smoothie tastes creamy, thick, and chocolatey as a milkshake should. Dairy-free, paleo, vegan, nut-free, and sugar-free.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 ¼ cups coconut milk, or plant milk of choice unsweetened
- 1 small frozen green zucchini ,sliced
- 1 small handful of butter lettuce or romaine
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tsp ground flax
- ¼ cup avocado
- 1 tsp flax oil
- 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp cardamom powder
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 3-4 cubes ice
OPTIONAL ADD IN
- 1 tbsp chocolate hazelnut butter
In a high-speed blender blast ½ cup coconut water with the shredded coconut until slushy and broken down.
Because this is a thick smoothie you will want to add all other ingredients (except the spices and ice) in two at a time to get the ultimate creamy texture.
Add spices and ice and blast together one last time before you take a cup to this and drink it.
Bonus tip: If you like it super frozen, freeze it for 30 minutes and then drink up! Serve with a straw.
- Always drink a smoothie with a straw and cold. It's the best that way!
- If the smoothie is too thick add more milk or water
- If the smoothie is too thin add more avocado, and blend again
- You can sub the butter lettuce for romaine or spinach or any mixed greens
- If using carob powder only use 1 tablespoon and gauge taste from there
- Can't have coconut milk, then sub for almond milk, cashew milk, tiger nut milk, quinoa milk, soy milk, walnut milk
- Need it to be sweeter? Add 2-3 Medjool dates and blend again well - this option would not be okay for the candida diet
- All plant milk should be unsweetened
- Add the optional nut butter toward the end of the mixing process