This Chocolate Mousse Smoothie is loaded with zucchini as the hidden veggie! You’ll never taste it, instead, this smoothie tastes creamy, thick, and chocolatey as a milkshake should. Dairy-free, paleo, vegan, nut-free, and sugar-free.
One of my favorite parts of holistic nutrition has always been smoothie making. The mixing of nutrient-dense ingredients containing fiber, nutritional value, low sugar, and a pop of vitamins, and minerals into my body with something that tastes incredible, is an amazing experience. I love to make smoothies created by myself, and I love to make smoothies from other bloggers. I usually have them for breakfast. And I find them essential for my body.
What are your thoughts on smoothies?
In case you haven’t noticed the vegetable zucchini is trending so I’m sure you’ve heard of zoodles, zucchini brownies, and zucchini bread, right? Let me introduce you to the zucchini smoothie.
Let’s talk zucchini nutrition benefits
- Full of vitamin C, phytonutrients that belong to the carotenoid family, which is the same family that includes beta-carotene, a source of vitamin A
- Promotes healthy eyesight
- Contains minerals like manganese
- Zucchini contains a lot of water making this a water vegetable
- In smoothies, it’s the creamy factor without the taste
- In juices, it’s the tasteless green veggie that gets hidden by whatever fruit or other veggies you use
During my healing journey with food sensitivities and gut healing, I have had at once over 30 food sensitivities! And while that process was stunningly hard, between how I creative I felt towards smoothies and my own personal health journey with food sensitivities my favorite way to have a smoothie has changed. Being able to experiment with other flavors, greens, and fruits enabled me to create a smoothie that both tasted either fantastically good, or like chocolate, and had great nutritional value.
Benefits of making smoothies
- You can enjoy a nutrient-dense smoothie as a breakfast meal replacement
- You are the one making your smoothie so you decide what goes into them besides your love, and including your love
- Smoothies can taste like milkshakes so it gives you the illusion you are drinking one, but it’s a smoothie with nutritional benefits
- Kills sugar cravings
- Gives you multiple boosts of energy from the nutrients that you’ll be energized
- Makes you feel good and smile
- Easy to make & easy to clean-up
- You’ll get more veggies and fruits into your body in one smoothie
What is the right blender for you?
To make a solid amazing smoothie I recommend buying a middle-tier – high tier blender or high-speed blender
- The Vitamix – the king of all high-speed blenders that can make everything from soups and juices to smoothies and side dishes. This blender has a 7-year warranty. Easy to clean.
- The Nutribullet Extractor middle-tier blender that you can also travel with. It can be stored in a cabinet. Easy to clean and use.
- Both create magic in your cup!
Chocolate Mousse Smoothie details:
- Loaded with coconut
- Full of healthy fats like avocado
- Full of cacao and flax
- Full of leafy greens
- Free from sugar
- Free from bananas
- Free from high fructose fruit
- Free from spinach
- Free from kale
- Free of nuts, nut milk or nut butter / but does use coconut
- Free of pumpkin seeds
- Free from tahini or sesame
Ready to rock this recipe?
Need some help in the smoothie department? This handy list of greens should help!
Chocolate Mousse Smoothie (paleo & vegan)
- high-speed blender
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk, or plant milk of choice unsweetened
- 1 small frozen green zucchini ,sliced
- 1 small handful of butter lettuce or romaine
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp avocado
- 1 tsp flax oil
- 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups ice
- In a high-speed blender blast 1/2 cup coconut water with the shredded coconut until slushy and broken down.
- Because this is a thick smoothie you will want to add all other ingredients (except the spices and ice) in two at a time to get the ultimate creamy texture.
- Add spices and ice and blast together one last time before you take a cup to this and drink it.
- Bonus tip: If you like it super frozen, freeze it for 30 minutes and then drink up! Serve with a straw.
- Always drink a smoothie with a straw and cold. It's the best that way!
- If the smoothie is too thick add more milk or water
- If the smoothie is too thin add more avocado, and blend again
- You can sub the butter lettuce for romaine or spinach or any mixed greens
- If using carob powder only use 1 tablespoon and gauge taste from there
- Can't have coconut milk, then sub for almond milk, cashew milk, tiger nut milk, quinoa milk, soy milk, walnut milk
- Need it to be sweeter? Add 2-3 Medjool dates and blend again well - this option would not be okay for the candida diet
- All plant milk should be unsweetened
Curious about other yummy dessert smoothies? Give some love to these smoothie recipes:
- Healthy Vegan Sunbutter Chocolate Smoothie
- Chocolate Zucchini Vital Proteins Smoothie
- Vegan Chocolate Pudding Smoothie
- Tahini Chocolate Smoothie
Love and chocolate smoothies!