Crunchy Cabbage Cilantro Salad Jars! Super crunchy, radically flavorful with fresh cilantro and never soggy like most greens in a jar. Your perfect lunch salad all you need to do is add your protein!
Crunchy Cabbage Cilantro Salad Jars! My first salad in a jar and I have to say I am a huge fan! Though I did it a little differently.
These salad jars contain all the jam-packed natural crunch possible and leave out all the wilted greens. I used Purple Cabbage, carrots and Cilantro. Superb flavor. Superb crunch factor. Superb yum and ready on the go!
I had no intention of posting this as a recipe, but after making them and having them last so long, I just had to tell you about this hidden gem.
My issue with creating salads for in advance food prep is that after a day or two, the leafy greens and lettuce leaves have wilted and it doesn’t stay fresh. And then I have to create a whole new salad again, which makes me have to do more of what I hate – Food prep. And more waste.
So here’s what I noticed when trying to make them: the lettuce always wilts without fail.
This salad jar you see here does not utilize leafy greens or lettuces.
Instead, you have:
- Purple Cabbage – crunch factor and detox properties plus antioxidants
- Carrots – crunch factor, vitamin A, and beta-carotene
- Cilantro – superb flavor and detox properties
There was no fancy way of putting them together because I didn’t add the dressing. I made 4-5 that week, and I was able to choose if I wanted to saute them with my protein of choice for dinner or if I wanted to eat it raw as a salad. You can even slip these already chopped veggies into your a.m. omelet! I basically just chopped up some Cilantro, cabbage, and carrots and added them in layers into the jar. It gave my intuition a little project and I advise that for you too. Food prep is great, but it doesn’t give your body the option to choose what it needs at that moment. Salad dressing and your leafy greens can be added to your salad jars, rather than having them wilt in the jar.
You can use any jar you want but I adore Mason Jars. They are reliable, work well and last a long time. These are what I use for my glasses in my home, smoothies, chia puddings and salad jars.
Ready to make beautiful music together?
Crunchy Cabbage Cilantro Salad Jars
- Mason Jars
- 3/4 bag baby organic carrots chopped or sliced
- 1/2 head purple cabbage shredded
- 1 bush cilantro chopped, no stems
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil cold-pressed
- sea salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Wash all veggies in water. Once washed begin with chopping the Cilantro, then shred the cabbage and chop the carrots. Cilantro should be used in abundance.
- Open 4-5 Mason Jars and in handfuls add in layers of each veggie till you reach the top. Top each layer with Cilantro. Do this for each jar.
- Then put the jars in the fridge until ready to serve. It can be stored for up to 4 days prior to serving.
- In a bowl add the fresh juice from 1 lemon, 3 tablespoons of EVOO, salt and pepper and whisk together until a well-mixed blend is achieved.
- Store dressing in the refrigerator and apply to salad dressing to jars 10 minutes prior or immediately prior to serving depending on your preference. Simply add in the dressing, close the lid, shake and eat.