Dandelion is not just a weed or a flower you see in your backyard. It’s actually considered a detox green and that means this green helps to support the liver. Dandelion is also an alkaline green keeping the body-centered. Essential for digestion as it is bitter, and bitters aid in healing digestion issues. You’d be surprised a green could do so much which is why it is so important that you rotate your greens. Let your body get a wide variety of all mother nature has to offer in the produce department. Each fruit, vegetable, and leafy green you eat or juice has different nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, and our bodies need them all.
Why Dandelion in the form of juice?
- When you are doing a detox with a doctor it is important to add detox greens
- When you are healing candida, or sibo getting in your green juice becomes essential
- Green juices help to support your body with fast nutrients
- Dandelion revitalizes you
- Dandelion alone and raw, eaten is very bitter and almost hard to eat, juicing it creates a more tolerable flavor
- Aids in healing your intestinal tract
When was the last time you woke up and said “hmmm? I’m hungry, I’ll just snack on ahead of dandelion every single day said no one ever”.
Benefits of Dandelion leaves
- Power punch of greens into your bloodstream STAT!
- No digesting
- You get the magic and the natural high immediately due to the nutrient, vitamin, and mineral blast
- Vitamins A Blast-support for new cell growth, skin, hair, and eyesight
- Vitamin K-for blood clotting, headache prevention, maintain healthy bones
- Calcium-makes strong bones, and prevents bone damage
- Vitamin C-promotes a healthy immune system
- Both vitamin C and Calcium supports communication to the nervous system and supports nerve cell communication
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin, two nutrients super important for healthy eyesight
- Just one cup of Dandelion Greens counts as 1 cup of vegetables
- Glowing skin
- Reduce sick time, doctor time, and medical time which means REDUCE doctor’s BILLS!
Ready to gather your ingredients together?
My two favorite blenders are the Vitamix and the Nutribullet. Each will blast your juice to the finest consistency.
Dandelion Green Juice Elixir
- high-speed blender
- 1 1/2 cups dandelion stems and leaves
- 2 large romaine leaves
- 12 small-medium sized romaine leaves
- 1 cup pitted dark cherries
- 1/3 cup pineapple
- 1/4 cup nectarine ripe
- 1 1/2 cup spring water
- 1 cup ice
- Blast all ingredients together except ice in a high-speed blender until well blended
- Using a Nutbag over a bowl with ice in it, pour the mixture into the bag and strain the juice from the bag into the bowl. Discard the pulp.
- Pour over ice into a large glass and enjoy with a straw immediately
- It is best to drink your juice immediately because the veggies start to decompose. If you can't drink it immediately try and drink it as soon as you can rather than waiting hours.
- It is best to make your drink the day you plan to drink it. I do not suggest making a juice the night before because the veggies will decompose
- Strive for organic whenever possible.
- You can buy a cheap nutbag on Amazon. I have the cotton mesh one. I never leave home without it.
Love and Dandelion Juice!