The perfect no-bake chocolate crunch cup! Decadently dark with a superior crunch. Each chocolate bite is equally as salty and as crunchy as the last. The bonus perk is that these chocolate bites are filled with nutrient-dense seeds! Tastes so good you'll surely eat more than just one. Nut-free, paleo, dairy-free, vegan & allergy-friendly.
The purpose of this no-bake chocolate crunch cup was to have as much nutrient-dense crunch as possible in every single bite. Eff toppings, I wanted the whole cup to be filled with toppings and topped with toppings. Healthy, of course.
These crunchy chocolate cups remind me of those nutty turtles I used to have growing up. And I wanted chocolate candy to remind me of those nutty turtles without the caramel I used to have as a kid. I remember back in the day those nutty clusters covered in chocolate from the Valentine's Day chocolate boxes and I was the girl that said give me all the nutty clusters!
This recipe is my version of the old-school classic chocolate turtle.
I ate so many I had to give them away to family, friends, and co-workers. They were so good my friends, family, and co-workers were all asking for more! By the fifth trial of the no-bake chocolate crunch up, I had landed the perfect no-bake chocolate crunch cup recipe that had me and my family living off chocolate for days. And hey, I'm not complaining.
This chocolate candy, however, is nut-free as well as gluten-free, but still loaded with that nutty taste.
The final round of this treat tasted so much richer than all other chocolate trials. I realized I forgot the sugar. But they tasted so good I realized sugar wasn't going to be needed for this recipe which is great because if you are on an elimination diet, you'll be able to enjoy these.
I used a mini-cupcake liner and added coconut butter to the chocolate batter which made them more solid and far less meltable. In fact, I noticed I could leave these on the counter for hours without any melting mishaps.
My gluten, dairy, sugar-loving taste tester dubbed these chocolate crunch cups as the perfect no-bake crunch cup in the world. Nothing to change. Perfect as they are.
Why Go Raw Watermelon Seeds
Go Raw has a policy about how hot they heat their raw seeds keeping them at a lower heat temperature allows their nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to stay intact so you are reaping all the benefits. The raw form also makes them more digestible and in their highest nutrient form.
I can't tell you how much I love nutrient-dense food, especially desserts. While we enjoy the taste and flavor, let it be a bonus that they happen to be filled with beautiful nutrients to help keep you satiated.
I found these watermelon seeds at a food festival a few years back and fell in love because at that time I could not have any nuts, and barely any seeds. So it was so refreshing to see another option that I could have that actually tasted good.
"Knowing I had an option felt effortless."
Then I decided to collaborate with Go Raw because I LOVE their products so why not spread the word? A super awesome nut-free alternative that is also gluten-free so yesssss!!!! A favorite product indeed. Please recognize that I would never EVER represent a product that I don't love or use regularly.
Watermelon Seed Nutrition Facts:
- good fats
- good source of a plant-based protein
I like to use Enjoy Life Foods chocolate, and Hu Kitchen dark chocolate as my go-to allergy-friendly, safe, and better-for-you chocolate brands.
Ready to rock this recipe?
No-Bake Chocolate Crunch Cups
- ½ cup chocolate chips dark
- 3 teaspoon coconut oil solid
- 2 teaspoon coconut butter
- ¼ + ⅛ cup sunflower seeds raw
- 3 tablespoon watermelon seeds by Go Raw, Salted and raw
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds black
- ⅛ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- In a microwavable bowl melt the chocolate for 1 ½-2 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut oil and mix well. This will help the mixture become thinner.
- Stir in the coconut butter and mix well. Then set aside.
- Add all the seeds into a medium-size bowl and mix well. (chia seeds, sunflower seeds, and watermelon seeds)
- Add the pink salt and stir again. Then set aside.
Putting the chocolate cups together
- Line a mini cupcake baking tray with mini liners.
- Spoon a teaspoon of chocolate into each cup.
- Then add a tiny handful of the seed mixture into each cup.
- Then spoon two teaspoons of the chocolate mixture into each cup.
- Followed by another small handful of the seed mixture.
- Followed by another teaspoon of chocolate into each cup.
- Then add more of the seed mixture into each cup. And follow the last two steps until the mini-cup is filled. Once filled ad a bit more of the seed mixture on top.
- Freeze for 5 hours or overnight. Store them in the freezer and enjoy at any time for up to 6 months.