The perfect no-bake chocolate crunch cup! Decadently dark with a superior crunch. Each bite is equally as salty and as crunchy as the last. Filled with vitamins and minerals from that nutrient-dense crunch. Tastes so good you’ll surely eat more than just one. Nut-free, paleo, dairy-free, vegan & allergy-friendly.
No-Bake Chocolate Crunch Cups!
By the fifth trial of the no-bake chocolate crunch up, I had landed the perfect no-bake chocolate crunch cups recipe that had me living off chocolate for dayssssss.
I had to give them away to friends and family because I couldn’t stop eating them! (Which proves right there just how good they are. Just sayin…)
I tried a larger flatter cup, and while it tasted absolutely delicious it melted really fast. More on your hands than in your mouth sort of chocolate – fail.
Then I tried creating clusters and drizzling the chocolate over them – they fell apart, so fail again.
I also tried forming logs by adding sunflower seed butter, but not only did it not stick – I had to use more chocolate and they still came out lumpy and broken up.
The purpose of this no-bake chocolate crunch cup was to have as much nutrient-dense crunch as possible in every single bite. Eff toppings, I wanted the whole cup to be filled with toppings and topped with toppings. Healthy, of course.
And I wanted this to remind me of those nutty turtles without the caramel I used to have as a kid. I remember back in the day those nutty clusters covered in chocolate from the Valentine’s Day chocolate boxes and I was the girl that said give me all the nutty clusters!
So I went back to the original idea and did something different.
Since I cannot have nuts or any store-bought boxed chocolate – I created my version.
I used a mini-cupcake liner. Like really mini. I also added coconut butter which made them more solid and far less melty. In fact, I noticed I could leave these on the counter for hours without any melting mishaps.
The taste was darker and yummier and I completely forgot to add the sugar. But they tasted so good I realized sugar wasn’t going to be needed for this recipe which is great because if you are on an elimination diet I want you to be able to enjoy these!
I had my sugar and gluten loving taste tester try these and she was blown away. She dubbed them the perfect no-bake chocolate crunch cup! Nothing to change. Perfect as they are.
I use Go Raw as my one and only source for raw salted watermelon seeds. Go Raw has a policy about how hot they heat their raw seeds keeping them at a lower heat temperature allows their nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to stay intact so you are reaping all the benefits.
The raw form also makes them more digestible and in their highest nutrient form. Making these super awesome no-bake chocolate crunch cups: protein bites!
I can’t tell you how much I love nutrient-dense food, especially desserts. While we enjoy the taste and flavor, let it be a bonus that they happen to be filled with beautiful nutrients to help keep you satiated.
I found these watermelon seeds at a food festival a few years back and fell in love because at that time I could not have any nuts, and barely any seeds. So it was so refreshing to see another option that I could have that actually tasted good. They were created by Go Raw and they had protein bars too which is what I use for travel! I was in heaven!!! For years during my elimination diets, they were my savior during travel.
“Knowing I had an option felt effortless.”
Then I decided to collaborate with Go Raw because I LOVE their products so why not spread the word? A super awesome nut-free alternative that is also gluten-free so yesssss!!!! A favorite product indeed. Please recognize that I would never EVER represent a product that I don’t love or use regularly.
WHITE WATERMELON SEED FUN FACTS:
- good fats
- good source of a plant-based protein
That’s whole lotta nutrients in such a tiny seed!
If you are on an elimination diet you’ll want to use very dark chocolate with a non-refined sugar. That means coconut sugar, maple syrup or honey. You are looking at 75% or greater. If you have candida you’ll want to use 80% or darker and no sugar except stevia or coconut sugar.
FYI: I love Enjoy Life chocolate and Hu Kitchen chocolate for this recipe as my go-to gluten-free, allergy-friendly “better for you” chocolate brands – Celiac safe.
Ready to make beautiful music together?
No-Bake Chocolate Crunch Cups
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips dark
- 3 tsp coconut oil solid
- 2 tsp coconut butter
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup sunflower seeds raw
- 3 tbsp watermelon seeds by Go Raw, Salted and raw
- 1 tbsp chia seeds black
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- In a microwavable bowl melt the chocolate for 1 1/2-2 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut oil and mix well. This will help the mixture become thinner.
- Stir in the coconut butter and mix well. Then set aside.
- Add all the seeds into a medium-size bowl and mix well. (chia seeds, sunflower seeds, and watermelon seeds)
- Add the pink salt and stir again. Then set aside.
Putting the chocolate cups together
- Line a mini cupcake baking tray with mini liners.
- Spoon a teaspoon of chocolate into each cup.
- Then add a tiny handful of the seed mixture into each cup.
- Then spoon two teaspoons of the chocolate mixture into each cup.
- Followed by another small handful of the seed mixture.
- Followed by another teaspoon of chocolate into each cup.
- Then add more of the seed mixture into each cup. And follow the last two steps until the mini-cup is filled. Once filled ad a bit more of the seed mixture on top.
- Freeze for 5 hours or overnight. Store them in the freezer and enjoy at any time for up to 6 months.