Healthy, homemade, creamy coconut fruit popsicles! An easy recipe perfect as a healthy Summer treat for the whole family, or an afternoon snack. Just 5 real food ingredients including tangy coconut yogurt, and no added sugar. Simple, pure, and delicious. Only 3 ingredients if you don't count water.
The smell of coconut brings up so many memories for me from that suntan lotion you used as a kid, to the pina colada I had on my trip to the Bahamas. Feelings of Summer, and beaches. So hard to believe how easy it is to make popsicles at home. All you need is a blender, an ice pop mold, popsicle sticks, and a freezer! And I love this popsicle mold. These popsicles use tangy, unsweetened yogurt so the consistency is ultra-creamy and loaded with probiotics and cultures. Nutrient-dense for the body and tastes like ice cream!
Why the right popsicle molds matter
- This mold is my ultimate favorite because of its durability
- Ability to freeze
- How it cleans
- How the mold is built
- When it already comes with the sticks, the lid with the popsicle stick slots it makes your popsicle making a much easier experience.
The do's and don'ts to popsicle molds
- Not all popsicle molds are created equal
- Some molds are really expensive and fail miserably
- While other molds are really inexpensive and work wonderfully
- Often molds come with sticks, some don't
- Sometimes molds come with lids, while others do not
- Other molds come with a plug and some a USB - don't get these
- You don't need to go too fancy with a popsicle mold. Find one you love and stock up!
- Read the reviews, and not just the first page
Coconut yogurt tips:
- There is a difference between coconut flavored and coconut-based
- Not all coconut yogurt is dairy-free, and you will want dairy-free
- Some yogurts have added sugar, grain additives, rice thickeners, gums, food coloring, white sugar, and other additives added to their yogurt. You will want to choose one that uses less than 3 ingredients
- The better the ingredients, the higher the quality
- The better the ingredients the better for your body, your skin, and your wellbeing
- My favorite brands are Anita's Coconut Creamline Yogurt plain & Coyo natural as well as Harmless Harvest. These brands are worth a google to get a chance to try them. They use minimal ingredients and are tangy in taste, but has a creamy consistency. You'll want to find a brand that uses few ingredients.
- If you cannot find a coconut yogurt you like, try making your own coconut yogurt. This one only has 2 ingredients.
Did you know?
Dairy yogurt can cause acne flares and inflammation to already diagnosed conditions which is why we opt for coconut.
Coconut yogurt nutritional benefits
- Loaded with good bacteria
- Full of live probiotic cultures
- Rich in vitamins and minerals like calcium
- Made from a plant
Ready to gather your ingredients?
Coconut Yogurt Popsicles
- popsicle mold
- popsicle sticks
- 1 cup coconut yogurt unsweetened, dairy-free
- ½ cup raw coconut water
- ¼ cup spring water
- ¼ tsp stevia powder
- 2 tbsp additional coconut water or spring water your choice
- Blast all the ingredients in a blender on high until well combined.
- Using a measuring cup with a spout, pour the coconut mixture into the popsicle molds, cover with the lid, add the sticks, and put in the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- Once they are frozen plan to remove the popsicles from the mold by running the mold under warm/hot water to wedge the popsicles out.
- Store in the freezer in a concealed bag or tray for up to 6 months, and enjoy at your leisure.
- I love using Harmless Harvest for all of my coconut water needs. Their product is pure and actually tastes real.
- Anita's Coconut Creamline and Coyo are my favorite brands to use. However, any plant-based yogurt or coconut yogurt can work as long as the ingredients are good.
This popsicle is the popsicle that is for eaters who like it simple. If you're in the mood for cookie covered, then this chocolate cookie covered popsicle is for you.
Love and coconut popsicles!