These creamy, dreamy Gluten-Free Coconut Cookie Popsicles are dipped in a chocolate coating! So fun to make and super easy to create. Filled with dairy-free yogurt, and topped with cookies! and cookies are super easy to make! A decadent gluten-free treat for everyone.
After I went gluten-free I thought I would never be able to have desserts, cakes, cookies, brownies, or popsicles ever again. It was an irrational thought because there is so much available in the markets. Nevertheless, I still thought about never having dessert again. And it was a horribly devastating thought.
Many years later having to remove dairy, eggs, nuts, most seeds, soy, banana, ginger, and so much more from my diet taught me that with a little bit of creativity, any type of allergy-friendly dessert could be created.
- Unsweetened coconut yogurt (the tangier and sour the better)
- Spring water
- Your choice of healthier gluten-free cookies
- Coconut oil
- Coconut water
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THESE GLUTEN-FREE COOKIE POPSICLES
- Dipped in chocolate
- Covered in crushed cookies
- Dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, and soy-free
- Easy to make
- Doesn't require an oven
- So yummy
HOW TO MAKE THIS POPSICLE RECIPE
Step 1. First, break out your favorite popsicle mold/lid/ and popsicle sticks. Then, In a blender, blast together the coconut yogurt, coconut water, and stevia until well combined.
Step 2. Fill each 6 popsicle molds to the top, cover with lid, and add popsicle sticks. Tap on the counter to reduce air bubbles. Freeze for 4 hours, or overnight.
Step 3. Once frozen remove from the freezer, run warm or hot water over the molds to loosen them. Set aside.
Step 4. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with coconut oil, stovetop or microwave style. Set aside.
Step 5. Add cookies into a sealed bag and crush them with a hammer. Put in a plate.
Step 6. Dip each popsicle halfway into the chocolate mixture on all sides, and immediately roll in crushed cookies. Put each popsicle on parchment paper over a baking tray and freeze for an additional 20 minutes.
Then get ready to devour them!
Full recipe, exact ingredients, and directions are in the below recipe card.
- My favorite healthy cookies to use are by Andean Dream. I also like anything by Partake cookies.
- You can melt your chocolate with a double boiler, or microwave style at 30-second intervals, or on low heat stovetop.
- Using coconut oil in your chocolate mixture makes it thinner and easier to spread. It also dries the chocolate faster.
READY TO GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS?
Gluten-Free Coconut Cookie Popsicles
- Popsicle Mold and sticks
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free yogurt
- ½ cup coconut water not from concentrate
- ¼ cup spring water
- ¼ teaspoon pure stevia
- 1 box gluten-free cookies of choice
- 2 bars dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil sold or melted for chocolate thinning
- First, break out your favorite popsicle mold/popsicle sticks. And, In a high-speed blender blast together the yogurt, water, stevia, and coconut water until smooth.
- Fill each popsicle mold with the coconut yogurt mixture to the top. Tap on the countertop to reduce air bubbles. Then cover with lid, add popsicle sticks, and freeze for 4 hours.
- Once frozen remove popsicles from the freezer. Run warm/hot water on them to loosen from their molds. Then put popsicles back in the freezer so we can make the chocolate shell and crush the cookies.
- Using a double boiler on low/medium heat, a microwave, or stovetop add the chocolate bars and stir often until partially melted. Then add the coconut oil and stir again. The mixture will get thinner and will be easier to stir. Once the mixture is fully melted set aside on simmer or no heat.
- Add cookies to a sealed bag and place it on the counter over a cutting board. Lightly smash the cookies with a hammer to crush them into the desired cookie crumble consistency. Then add cookie crumbles to a plate.
- Remove popsicles from the freezer and dip each one into the chocolate mixture making sure to coat all sides.
- Then dip into the cookie crumbles and cover with cookie crumbles using a spoon to ensure they stick to the chocolate. Freeze again for 20 minutes. Then enjoy, and store frozen.
- If you can tolerate dairy yogurt try Greek yogurt or plain dairy yogurt, unsweetened
- If you cannot tolerate coconut use your choice of unsweetened plant yogurt or plain dairy yogurt, switch the coconut oil for ghee, and switch out the coconut water for more spring water.