I was so excited to make this vegetable juice because these flavors are full of life, and make me feel alive. When you are into wellness and going through healing it’s the little things that become most joyous. And a rocking carrot juice definitely falls into that category! Learning how to make green juices and green smoothies have been one of the best experiences because it taught me how to care for my body in a way I never did before. And it took me quite a long time to like juices, so don’t fret if you’re not there yet. An acquired taste that at first tasted horrible, and as time went on began to love juices and even go on to making my own daily, and then writing an ebook about juice recipes.
Green juice, carrot juice, or vegetable juices can certainly be intimidating if you are not a “regular” in the juicing department. So today’s recipe is a beautiful refreshing Honeydew Carrot Plum juice. Don’t get scared it, it definitely looks like it’s all carrot. But, the honeydew is watery and sweet and the plums are tart making this juice full-bodied, and full of life!
Why drink carrots?
- Carrots are LOADED with vitamin A
- Vitamin A is known to aid in healthy skin, healthy eyesight, and healthy hair!
- Juicing rather than eating also gets all those nutrients right into your bloodstream immediately rather than going through the digestion process. This method offers fast energy and a boost that caffeine will not do.
- While carrots have a lot of vegetable sugar they are a suitable option for a light juice because of the nutrition benefits
- Curbs your sugar cravings
- Gives you an energy boost exactly when you need it
The moral of the story is that carrot juice is not just for bunnies. And if you not the biggest fan of carrot, this one hides it well by accenting all the flavors and combining them!
Ready to make this deliciousness?
Refreshing Honeydew Carrot Plum Juice
- high-speed blender
- 11 mini carrots, peeled
- 1 1/3 cup honeydew melon ripe
- 1/2 whole small plum with skin if organic
- 1 cup spring water
- 1 cup ice
- Add everything (except the ice) into a high-speed blender and blend until well combined.
- Then transfer the mixture into a nut bag and over a large bowl and strain the mixture. Discard pulp.
- Pour the juice into a mason jar over ice and drink with a fun straw.
- Add remaining leftover plum pieces into the drink like sangria. Then you get to eat those last after they soak up the juice.
- Leaving the skin on the plum is a great way to get additional nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Do this only if your produce is organic.
Looking for more ideas? Don’t forget to check out my favorite smoothie books!
Love & carrot juice!