Dreamy, Creamy Mango Collagen Smoothie! Served at almost freezing temperatures and then poured over ice, this frosty is ALL mango in flavor! Packed with probiotic yogurt, frozen organic mango chunks, a big scoop of collagen and yummy plant-based milk. Poured over delicious & crunchy gluten-free granola. Talk about a smoothie-ish parfait!
Are you a smoothie lover or a smoothie bowl lover?
Because either way THIS creamy mango collagen smoothie is your perfect breakfast!
I personally am a smoothie lover and lover of straws over spoons. So I eat all the toppings off at first, then take the straw to the smoothie part. I freaking love it! It’s creamy and frozen and it makes me think I’m on the beach and I love that feeling. You know what I’m talking about right? That beach feeling. That vacation feeling.
I started having mango this year as it was off-limits for any and all elimination diets I was on. Too high in sugar for the Candida diet. Too high in sugar for Whole 30 and Paleo according to my holistic doctor at the time. I didn’t crave it then either. These days I love mango. It’s LOADED with fiber and nutrients. Because it’s so high in sugar 24 grams of natural sugar per cup, I love to mix it with coconut yogurt and have it in the morning. The combo alone is stellar because hello mango and coconut – it’s like shy of a Pina Colada!
Every time I drink this one I feel like my body is getting all the clean nutrients that it needs. I truly feel good after I drink this smoothie, like I was meant to have it. Plus the oat and unsweetened coconut granola toppings made this also really filling!
I used Purely Elizabeth Hemp Blueberry Granola along with unsweetened coconut chips from nutsdotcom. Those are staples in my apartment and I always have them on hand. Always make sure you go to the gluten-free section of nuts (dot) com.
- My favorite yogurt these days is Coyo and Anita’s.
- The types of yogurts I like to use are unsweetened tangy ones.
- These two yogurt brands are coconut-based and use very few ingredients. They rank top-notch for sugar-free products and whole and natural as well.
- Coconut yogurt packs a punch in calcium and plant-based probiotics you’d find in dairy yogurt. It is incredibly good for you and more easily digestible over dairy on any day.
- Coconut based yogurts are super creamy in texture and in taste
While these two brands are not offered in all countries and states, I trust you will make the right decision with the best yogurt choice for you based on my suggestions.
There are so many probiotics in coconut yogurt that you do not need to get it from dairy. In fact, consuming dairy while healing your gut is a big fat no-no! It’s highly inflammatory. So Coyo is a great choice!
My other favorite ingredient is Vital Proteins Collagen powder. I use the light blue one. It’s unflavored.
Vital Proteins is used for:
- Growing hair, skin and nails
- Strengthen hair, skin, and nails
- Restore collagen in the face meaning fewer wrinkles
- Smoothes over acne scars making your face look plumper – aka collagen
- As we age we lose collagen in our bodies, that’s the result of wrinkles and less plump skin, brittle nails and hair. We can rebuild that by taking a collagen supplement or powder. I was so hardcore against it because I was afraid it wouldn’t be gluten-free so for that reason alone I only use Vital Proteins. It is safe for Celiacs.
Ready to make beautiful music together?
Creamy Mango Collagen Smoothie
- high-speed blender
- 1/2 cup unsweetened yogurt tangy not sweet
- 3/4-1 cup frozen mango chunks organic
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop unflavored collagen powder I like Vital Proteins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp additional unsweetened coconut milk optional
- 1-2 cups ice
- In a highspeed blender, blast the mango and coconut milk till well blended.
- Add all ingredients except the ice. Blast until blended, again.
- For extra creaminess add a blended smoothie to the freezer for 1/2 hour.
- Sprinkle on all your toppings and dive in via straw OR spoon - Your choice!