Luscious dark Chocolate-dipped apricots covered in hemp seeds are a delicious and nutritious snack! Apricots alone with chocolate are a decadent dessert but paired with protein-packed hemp seeds make this recipe a great snack. Soft in the middle and crusted in frozen chocolate, each bite is heavenly, sans nuts. Gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, and vegan. Hemp seeds taste like nuts, therefore, are a great substitution for those with tree nut allergies.
Dried apricots are definitely under the radar. Combined with chocolate this combo is a match made in heaven with a faux nutty texture! Never in a million years would I ever think the combo of dried apricots, hemp seeds, and chocolate would go together, but life does keep me on my toes.
Apricots are perfectly sweet with all the tang in the right places. Dark chocolate is bitter, and hemp seeds taste like nuts. Between the three a superb nutrient-dense recipe has been created. An unlikely trio that you'd never pair. Fruit lovers, unite! Let me introduce you to Dark Chocolate Dipped Apricots.
In this chocolate apricot recipe, the trio combo created the perfect harmony when it came to fruit, chocolate, and nutty-like seeds. Oh the chocolate, I could talk about it for hours. It was like the perfect bite, the, I can't believe this tastes like this! It's dried fruit for goodness sake! But it's so darn good. The chocolate makes it spectacular. It's kinda dreamy. Not Ryan Gosling dreamy, but dreamy.
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF HEMP SEEDS
- Considered a superfood because in small amounts its nutrient profile is large
- Loaded with plant-based protein
- 3 tablespoons of hemp seeds contain over 9 grams of protein
- Full of zinc, calcium, iron, riboflavin, thiamin, B6, vitamin E, and more
- A complete protein / has all 9 essential amino acids
- High in fiber
- Lots of beta-carotene and vitamin A
- Hemp seeds are THC-free.
- No psychedelic benefits to consuming hemp seeds
Without the hemp seeds, it's just chocolate and fruit, which is an indulgence. Adding a nutrient-dense food amps up the nutritional value, how you digest it, and how it tastes.
MORE DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE RECIPES
READY TO GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS?
Dark Chocolate Dipped Apricots
- double boiler or microwave
- 24 dried apricots organic
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips gluten-free, vegan
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil solid
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds organic if you can
- Line a cupcake tin with small cupcake liners and set aside. Add hemp seeds to a bowl and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a microwavable bowl at 15-second intervals till almost fully melted or melt chocolate with a double boiler on low to medium heat till fully melted.
- Add coconut oil and mix till the mixture is blended and smooth.
- Dip each apricot about halfway into the melted chocolate mixture a few times so that the coating is thick, then cover each side in hemp seeds and set each one into a cupcake liner.
- Freeze for 4 hours and enjoy it.
- Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Health and peace,