Dark, decadent, creamy, and fudgy! These Chocolate Coconut Cream Gluten-Free Fudgesicals are dangerously rich. Made with coconut milk, raw cacao powder, avocado, and stevia. Under 6 ingredients, sugar-free, dairy-free, paleo, and vegan!
Don't say I didn't warn you on the decadence of this sugar-free fudgesicle.
What I have come to recognize is that while on elimination diets like Whole 30, Candida, Yeast, and Sugar-Free diet lifestyles it is easier to create popsicles and fudgesicles rather than cakes, cookies, and brownies.
It's harder to find sugar substitutes in baked goods. When it comes to fudgesicals and popsicles sugar isn't a necessary ingredient to make them taste amazing.
So when I want a guilt-free treat I always opt for fudgesicles and popsicles. This way I won't feel deprived or feel I am missing out. And I can still enjoy something decadent without worrying if it's going to mess with my body in a negative way.
LET'S TALK FUDGSICLES & POPSICLES
- Can be made perfectly paleo, whole 30 compliant, nut-free, yeast-free, sugar-free, and even candida friendly.
- You choose what goes into them.
- Dairy doesn't have to be involved because you can get that creaminess from the avocado, beans, banana, coconut, mango, chia, and other whole plant-based foods.
- When you make them from scratch you can have more than one.
- Popsicles and fudgesicles are fun to make, fun to hold, and fun to eat.
- It takes more time to eat one so you don't overeat.
Most recently I discovered canned coconut milk at the Market. There is the full-fat version and the light version. I love both. And both create a wonderful consistency that is often thick and creamy. The canned version can do what the refrigerated versions can't.
I have another chocolate popsicle recipe on my blog that is equally divine, but it doesn't use canned coconut milk or coconut cream it uses non-dairy milk which is much thinner in texture and consistency. My other recipe which is also deeply decadent tastes more like a chocolate popsicle, than these Chocolate Coconut Cream Gluten-Free Fudgesicles.
CANNED COCONUT MILK BENEFITS
- Coconut has Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Fungal properties
- Considered a healthy fat, and healthy fats will keep you satiated (full)
- When ingested is highly nutritious and help condition your skin and hair
- Coconut Milk is a great non-dairy milk option for those who cannot tolerate dairy or those who are vegan
- Contains more calcium than dairy milk
- Lower in calories than other non-dairy options
I don't know about you but I adore making desserts that have nutrition benefits because I enjoy when my food is functional for my body. That way my body feels good after the dessert, and during eating the dessert. Who knew there was hidden avocado in this dessert? Did you know? And no, you won't even taste it.
Ready to make beautiful music together?
Chocolate Coconut Cream Gluten-Free Fudgesicles
- popsicle mold
- ⅔ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 cup lite canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup ripe avocado
- ½ cup cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- ¾ cup spring water
- 8-10 drops liquid stevia
- Pour mixture into a liquid measuring cup, and pour it into each popsicle mold. Close the lid and add wooden sticks. Gently tap the mold against the counter to ensure all air bubbles disappear.
- Freeze for at least 4 or overnight.
- If you use a small avocado, you will want to use ½ avocado flesh.
- If you want to use a sweetener other then Stevia, then use 1-2 tablespoons of real maple syrup, but know that would not be candida diet-friendly.
- If you feel that your mixture is too thick, add more water, but keep in mind it is meant to be creamy. If you do not have enough mixture for 10 popsicles, then add more water.
- My favorite brands of Liquid Stevia are Sweet Leaf, Nu Naturals Alcohol-Free Stevia, and as a treat, I love the NOW Chocolate Liquid Stevia.
- If you don't have a popsicle mold buy my favorite popsicle mold. It's durable and comes with the sticks. You'll have it forever!
- As far as canned coconut milk goes I adore Thrive Market both full fat and Lite.
Love and Fudgesicles!