A hearty, crunchy, tangy, and satisfying dairy-free Healthy Coconut Yogurt Parfait with granola! 2 kinds! The most perfectly satiating breakfast with all the feels. And yes, there’s chocolate, because what would a parfait be without chocolate?
The wellness scene is covered with yogurt parfaits, overnight oats, and loaded bowls of beauty! Pretty, and nourishing for the body. These yogurt parfaits are stunning, loaded with color, toppings, and perfect layers of yum. It’s an adult foodie wonderland! Yet, ever notice that when you make a parfait it doesn’t quite turn out looking like those gorgeous pictures you see in cookbooks and on Instagram? Especially when you are limited with ingredient choices. I felt that when I tried to make a few coconut yogurt parfaits. It didn’t work out as well as I had hoped, but the taste was unbelievable!
And, after lots of experimentation, I quickly learned that using tissues and paper towels throughout the entire creation process is the way to go, otherwise, those layers will not be perfect. Parfaits for that reason are really fun to eat which is why I’ve brought this recipe to you.
2 layers of creamy tangy coconut yogurt, and 2 layers of crunchy chocolate nut-free granola.
Now that the layers are taken care of let’s talk granola.
WHAT GRANOLA IS BEST TO USE?
Use a brand you love that is certified gluten-free. I use the brand I love too, and If you haven’t noticed, I love Purely Elizabeth granola! And I’ve tried many brands. There is always some kind of ingredient that is not workable which is why I adore Purely Elizabeth.
Purely Elizabeth Granola is a healthy gluten-free granola brand that is by far one of the best, and certified gluten-free! Liz’s ingredients are pure, and whole. Nothing artificial, just nutrient-dense and tasty. She makes loose granola as well as granola bars for on the go.
There are many combos, but I always choose Chocolate Probiotic or Blueberry Hemp because they are also nut-free. These two versions are loaded with hemp seeds and cacao nibs! It makes me so happy when brands are conscious about food sensitivities, and allergies beyond gluten. Almonds, cashews, walnuts, and others are usually praised for their nutrient-dense profile, and it’s a true disappointment when you find a product you might love and it has nuts in it, or dairy, or sugar. So this granola is my gluten-free, nut-free, and dairy-free heaven.
Now that the granola is taken care of let’s talk yogurt. Because not all yogurt is created equal.
This parfait and any parfait, I make for that matter is ALWAYS made with a specific kind of yogurt. One that is unsweetened, tangy, and only uses a few ingredients. Tangier coconut yogurts work better in parfaits as one layer isn’t meant to be as sweet as the next, especially in a breakfast meal.
TANGY COCONUT YOGURT BRANDS I SWEAR BY
- Anita’s Coconut Creamline Yogurt (plain) (sold at Whole Foods, and other smaller health stores)
- Coyo Coconut Yogurt (unflavored) ( sold at Whole Foods, and other specialty markets)
- Harmless Harvest Yogurt (plain) (sold at Whole Foods, and other specialty locations)
READY TO GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS?
MORE EASY YOGURT RECIPES
Healthy Coconut Yogurt Parfait Granola
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt I like Anita's
- Hemp Blueberry Granola by Purely Elizabeth
- Chocolate Probiotic Granola by Purely Elizabeth
- Layer 1: Add 1/3 cup of Hemp Blueberry granola to bottom of the jar.
- Layer 2: Then add 1/4 – 1/3 cup of coconut yogurt on top. Use a spoon to flatten the layer out, and use a tissue to clean up the mess.
- Layer 3: Then add 1/2 cup of the Chocolate Probiotic granola on top.
- Layer 4: Then add 1/4 – 1/3 cup of coconut yogurt on top. Use a spoon to flatten the layer out, and use a tissue to clean up the mess.
- Layer 5: Optional – Top your parfait with additional granola, chia seeds, hemp seeds and whatever else your superfood heart desires.
Love & Granola yum,