What veggies are loaded into this smoothie?
- Avocado. But if you really know fruit trivia you’ll know that avocado is actually a fruit.
Do you taste the veggies?
Nope. Never. Definitely not with this smoothie. There are many foods in this smoothie that will mask the taste of these veggies. In fact not only will it mask the taste but you’ll be shocked so much is in it while tasting so good.
How to mask veggies in this smoothie?
- Vanilla extract or vanilla pods
- Agave syrup, or maple syrup
- Frozen bananas
- Nut or seed butter
- Cacao or chocolate
Benefits of smoothies
- Boost of nutrients
- Floods of energy
- Ingestion of healthy fats, veggies, and protein all at once
- Gives your digestive system a break
How is the smoothie consistency?
- Just like a milkshake, sans dairy
- Cold like ice cream
More nut and seed butter smoothie recipes
- If you need a step-by-step demo of this smoothie check out my Youtube video on how to make this smoothie.
- Don’t like coconut milk? You can use any plant milk you want such as almond, cashew, hemp, quinoa, macadamia milk.
- Cannot have peanut butter? Use a seed butter like sunflower seed butter, or sunbutter, or pumpkin seed butter, or even hemp seed butter.
Ready to gather your ingredients?
Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie with Health Benefits
- high-speed blender
- 2 1/2 cups coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup chopped cucumber organic
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 handfuls spinach organic
- 1 1/2 whole frozen bananas
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanut butter organic
- 1/3 cup avocado ripe
- 1 tbsp agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 3-4 ice cubes
- In a high-speed blender add 2 cups of plant milk, celery, cucumber, spinach, and blast until fully blended.
- Then add the frozen bananas, chia seeds, avocado, and peanut butter and blend again till almost creamy.
- If you need more milk you have 1/2 cup left to add if you need it.
- Followed by the cocoa powder, agave syrup, vanilla extract, and ice and blast until desired consistency.
- Pour into two glasses and serve with a straw. If you want an extra frosty, freeze your smoothie for an additional 20 minutes before you dig in. Serves 2. Can be stored in the fridge for up to a day before consuming.
Love, and healthy smoothies!