This gluten-free oatmeal recipe is so easy to make, homestyle and comforting, creamy and thick. Made with only 4 ingredients. Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and vegan with a yummy chocolate center. Your nutritious and delicious breakfast has arrived.
As Celiac oatmeal was pretty much off-limits for most of my life.
And when I was un-diagnosed, oatmeal constantly gave me tummy aches along with carbs and pastries, and even pancakes because of wheat, rye, barley, spelt to the point that I hardly ever had a pastry, bread, or oatmeal.
Oats are considered not gluten-free unless labeled because of the way they are processed and contaminated in the fields.
However, some Celiac disease patients can easily digest gluten-free oatmeal, and I realized after cleaning out my diet for the last few years and eliminating so many foods and chemicals on top of gluten, I was able to bring back gluten-free oatmeal on the occasion. Enter my Simple Gluten-Free Cinnamon-Infused Oatmeal.
Oatmeal is a hearty, and fulfilling breakfast that is really easy to make. It's creamy, and thick sans dairy, fully plant fuel, and only uses 4 ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY GLUTEN-FREE OATMEAL
- Take out a bowl
- Add ⅓ cup quick-cooking certified gluten-free oats
- Followed by ¾ cup of your favorite plant-based milk. I used coconut milk
- Use a pinch of sea salt or pink salt
- Microwave for 1 ½ minutes or slightly longer if your Microwave is older
- Stir in the maple syrup
- Let cool
That chocolate cup in the middle will blow your mind. It's my OMG Everything Caramel Crunch Cups recipe and they are so divine, you only need one placed smack dab in the middle of your gluten-free oats breakfast. Watch it melt. All the superfoods and hearty seeds pour out, swallowed in dark creamy chocolate. All you need is a spoon. Just one mix, and it's a swirl of heaven in your mouth. Plus this dish is so nutrient-dense that you'll be set the entire morning.
And if you want that extra creamy rice pudding texture for your gluten-free oatmeal do not follow any box for directions. Just use my directions below. The consistency is ridiculously perfect.
IF YOU LOVE BREAKFAST, YOU LOVE THESE RECIPES
READY TO GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS?
Simple Gluten-Free Cinnamon Infused Oatmeal
- ¾ cup coconut milk unsweetened
- ⅓ cup quick-cooking oats certified gluten-free
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt or pink salt
- In a microwaveable bowl add plant-based milk and oats. Mix once with a fork.
- Heat in microwave for 1 ½ minutes exactly
- Remove from microwave, add maple syrup and stir. Then let it cool for 2 minutes to thicken.
- Add your superfoods of choice like hemp seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, and more, or one of my OMG Everything Cups. Mix and enjoy! Or save the chocolate for last. If you don't want to make my OMG Everything Cups use whatever chocolate cup you want.
Health and love,