Crunchy & chocolaty with sweet date caramel and salty Sunbutter all in one mega crunch cup! The dessert you’ll never forget and dream about for days to come. These OMG Everything Gluten-Free Caramel Crunch Cups are out of this world delicious!
When I cut these OMG Everything Caramel Crunch Cups down the middle there were no words for the decadence that poured out. Sticky, melty date caramel mixed with oozy sunflower seed butter with sea salted chocolate. But that’s only part of this delicious cup.
It’s just the start actually. Don’t forget the crunch in every single bite. Step aside old-time Crunch bars!
The difference between store-bought candy and homemade candy is at least you know what’s going into it. I know it can be annoying to always bake and create, but if you do, it’s done with your love and your healthy ingredients. And it won’t make your stomach hurt which is really the ultimate reason I do it all from scratch most of the time. My body, my vessel.
I used healthy ingredients to create decadence that doesn’t taste healthy.
I used protein in the crunch so that you are yes getting full as you eat, and not eating empty calories that do nothing for your body. At least while you eat decadence, can’t you get a boost of nutrients too? I think so!
That’s why I love Runamok Maple Syrup and Lily’s Dark chocolate. Both use high-quality ingredients and care about their customers and community. Both products make products with nourishing nutrients. While Lily’s is certified gluten-free, Runamok has gluten-free flavors, and not all are, so please be careful when ordering.
This recipe is a throw it all in a bowl kinda thing. I actually used a guacamole bowl and utensil to make the date caramel. It goes to show you don’t need a blender or a food processor to make a little date caramel, and thank heavens! Because the days I made this recipe I didn’t want to break out the big appliances, and I realized most likely you wouldn’t either, so I embarked on creating this recipe the easiest way possible. And this recipe only makes 3 cups because they are soooo decadent, I wouldn’t want you to have any regrets, therefore 3. It’s just the right amount in case you binge eat them.
And they are the best in my Cinnamon + Vanilla Infused Gluten-Free Oatmeal recipe!
Ready to make beautiful music together?
OMG Everything Gluten-Free Caramel Crunch Cups
- Cupcake baking tray or
- Silicone cups and a flat baking tray
- cupcake liners
- 1/2 bar Lily's Sea Salted Dark Chocolate bar
- 2 1/4 tsp coconut oil solid
- 3 Medjool dates soaked & pitted
- 2 tsp unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp Runamok brand maple syrup vanilla & cinnamon-infused
- 2 tbsp quinoa crunchies
- 1/2-1 tsp roasted watermelon seeds I use Go Raw
- 1 tsp raw sunflower seeds
- 1 3/4 tbsp unsweetened sunflower seed butter
- In a microwavable bowl add 1/2 dark chocolate bar with sea salt and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and melt on high for 1 minute. Mix well.
- Add liners to your cupcake tray. Then add 3/4 tablespoon melted chocolate into each cupcake liner to create the base of the chocolate cup. Pat the pan on the counter to even the chocolate.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
CENTER - MIDDLE LAYER
- Take 3 dates and add them to a bowl of warm water. Cover in water. Soak the dates for under 5 minutes. Once soaked, drain. Remove pits.
- With a fork or avocado smasher, mash the 3 soaked pitless dates into a date paste. Then add the 2 teaspoon coconut milk, 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil, 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup, and 1/4 teaspoon sunflower seed butter and continue to mix into a smooth and sticky paste.
- Once smooth and sticky add 2 teaspoons date caramel to the middle of the frozen cups.
- Then take a 1/2 tablespoon of additional sunflower seed butter and add that as well to the inside of the cup on the outer edges.
TOP - FINAL LAYER
- Take the remaining melted chocolate mixture and add watermelon seeds, quinoa crunchies, and sunflower seeds and mix well. Consistency will be chunky.
- Fill the cup with a spoonful of crunchy chocolate, tapping the counter again for a smooth and even top layer.
- Use the remaining mixture evenly. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight, then enjoy right out of the freezer!
- Don’t make this harder on yourself. If you make a mistake, don’t worry about it! These cups can easily be tweaked a thousand times to suit your needs. Have some fun!
- The coconut oil makes these melt easily! Have napkins on hand for that melt in your hand sort of treat.
- If you don’t use a sea salted chocolate bar, then just add a pinch of sea salt to your top base mixture.
- If you don’t use infused maple syrup, just use regular maple syrup.
- You must pair this cup with my Cinnamon Infused Gluten-Free Oatmeal recipe, it’s divine! And a pair worth having together!!!!
You must pair this cup with my Cinnamon Infused Gluten-Free Oatmeal recipe, it’s divine! And a pair worth having together!!!!