2 layer yum! Creamy Sunbutter plus a quinoa crunch, and decadent chocolate make this slice the most decadent slice of heaven. This slice is so good there will be no leftovers, trust me! Gluten-free, Dairy-free and no refined sugar and utterly delish. Your friends will never know this dessert is diet-friendly.
Creamy, decadent and divine. This Sunbutter Crunch Slice rocks my world!
Sunbutter Chocolate Crunch Slice! Say that 10 times with a straight face, let’s see how long you last Haha! Creamy, decadent, divine, and dreamy. Really dreamy.
The secret healthy ingredient? Quinoa! – Woah!! Say what?
And!! There’s more! This clean treat gluten, dairy, sugar-free and vegan. Boom!
This Sunbutter Crunch Slice rocked my world for quite a few weeks while recipe testing and now it’s time to finally share this clean treat deliciousness!
I know it’s hard to believe, but this simple clean treat uses no refined sugars! Just a little bit of real honey for the whole batch! I know! Crazy! Yet it tastes so, so decadent and rich.
Just one slice is enough, but seriously? There will be no leftovers! That I can promise you.
One night a friend of mine and I devoured the whole pan in one sitting. We didn’t even wait for the dessert to freeze, we just ate it with a spoon and I remember my friend saying just how good this was. And I remember too.
I would literally be doing you guys a disservice by not sharing these, and they are really easy to make!
Throw them in the freezer and take out a slice on the daily.
It’s filling enough for breakfast, a snack or a sinful dessert.
This is the dessert I used Quinoa Puffs as my “crunch” factor and they work WONDERS! Especially if you have a rice allergy and can’t use that as your “crunch”. I can’t wait to use these more often!
- Sunbutter has a high amount of healthy fats and Protein, which will keep you satiated and full.
- Honey in its raw form has medicinal anti-bacterial benefits that help with allergies too!
- Quinoa is a complete protein that no other plant grain/seed has. Now they have been puffed, so I’m sure most of the nutrients have left, but what didn’t leave was that amazing 5-star crunch.
- Dark chocolate sweetened with stevia to keep the sugar down in a healthier way. The darker your chocolate is the less sugar it has. The darker it is the more cacao content is still intact in the chocolate which means more magnesium, iron, and minerals for you.
- Coconut butter and Coconut oil is high in healthy fats, lowers cholesterol and serves you up a dose of anti-bacterial properties. Plus coconut helps with sugar cravings and actually lowers them. (Too much coconut will equal breakouts).
So this dessert is functional, which is my favorite – always! Food that has “benefits” but also tastes like it doesn’t. Rock on right?
Ready to make beautiful music together?
Sunbutter Chocolate Crunch Slice
Bottom Cookie Layer
- 1/4 cup creamy sunflower seed butter I use Sunbutter, unsalted, unsweetened
- 1 3/4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp coconut butter
- 5 tbsp quinoa crunchies/puffs nuts.com
- 1/4 tsp honey organic
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
Top Chocolate Layer
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- In a medium-size microwaveable-safe bowl combine the sunflower seed butter, coconut oil, coconut butter and melt for 15 seconds. Mix well.
- Add in the honey and quinoa crunchies. Blend together till well mixed.
- Prepare a medium-size bread pan with parchment paper. No spray. Add the mixture to the pan and tap the pan on the counter to spread the mixture evenly in the pan. Use a spatula if needed.
- Sprinkle the sea salt on top. Then freeze for 2 hours.
Chocolate Top Layer
- In a microwaveable safe bowl add the chocolate and the coconut oil and melt for 30 seconds or more mixing at 15-minute intervals. Once melted pour melted chocolate mixture on top of the crunch layer. Tap the pan on the counter to spread mixture evenly. Then freeze again for 4-6 hours or overnight. This chocolate layer should be thin.
- Once frozen, lift the sides of the parchment paper up to lift the dessert out of the baking pan. Place chocolate side on the cutting board, sunflower seed crunch slice up and facing you.
- With a sharp knife firmly cut thin slices about 1/4 inch wide. Then store them in the freezer, sliced.
- Enjoy directly out of the freezer, and keep frozen until ready to serve.
I use the Sunbutter brand because it’s completely gluten-free and made in a nut-free facility.
For the chocolate, I used Lilly’s – Stevia sweetened chocolate that is gluten-free and vegan
I got my Quinoa Puffs at Nuts dot com
If you don’t have a bread pan, you can use a small brownie or cake pan. Just know that this dessert may be too small to fit in those. If that happens, totally ok! Mold the bottom layer into shape inside the pan. That will work totally fine.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!