6 ingredients combined together to create the fudgiest gluten-free chocolate popsicle recipe ever! Using whole foods including hemp milk, avocado, cacao. Sweetened with maple syrup. This chocolate popsicle is dark, decadent, and rich in both textures and flavors. Also dairy-free, nut-free, vegan, and paleo.
When I think of fudge popsicles a.k.a. fudgesicles I think back to camp during the Summers serving popsicles back in the 1980's. If you got the fudgsicles or the chocolate popsicle at snack time, you were golden. Next in line were the grape and cherry ices, and if you got stuck with orange or worse lemon!! then you knew how the day would play out, and it wasn't going to be good.
But back then sugar was it! We could consume high amounts of it, and it only fueled our day rather than destroyed it (or so we thought). In fact sometimes if we were lucky and there were leftovers, we would get to have two fudgsicles in one day! Plus all the other sugar we ate in forms of candy, cookies, crackers, yogurt, juice boxes, and the Summer camp east coast popular drink: fruit punch or maybe you remember it as Kool-Aid.
These days consuming that much white refined sugar would destroy our bodies, creating terrible symptoms we would later find out to cause Candida Overgrowth, acne, skin rashes, fatigue, Diabetes, and a variety of other Autoimmune diseases and disorders all fueled by our favorite friend; Refined Sugar.
So how to create the fudgiest popsicle in town using healthy ingredients that taste like the most sinful treat on the planet? By using whole food and real food ingredients, and to allow the fruit or vegetable to shine.
How to make healthy chocolate popsicles
- Use whole food ingredients
- Use avocado for the creamy and texture factor
- Load up on raw cacao or cocoa to make them taste chocolaty
- Choose a plant-based milk option (or dairy if you can tolerate, but not skim)
- Use natural sweeteners like dates, maple syrup, honey, monk fruit, or stevia
- Eliminate gluten, dairy, and eggs
- Eliminate soy
- Be your own taste tester and create many trials to get it just right
- You'll need this popsicle mold!
The trick was to add enough unsweetened cocoa powder to work in tandem with creamy avocado and the plant milk so that you got the creaminess of the avocado, but you also got the divine chocolate taste. 3 tries until I reached perfection and then suddenly these popsicles were perfection.
Ready to rock?
The Fudgiest Chocolate Popsicle Recipe
- Popsicle Mold and sticks
- 2 cups unsweetened hemp seed milk , or plant milk of choice
- 1 medium-sized avocado ,ripe
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon stevia powder
- ¼ teaspoon pink salt or sea salt
- Blast together the avocado and plant milk in the high-speed blender till well blended.
- Then add all other ingredients and blend again till creamy and mixed well.
- Using a measuring cup pour mixture into popsicle molds and tap the mold against the table to loosen air bubbles. Then freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Once popsicles are ready to come out of the freezer run the mold part under warm to hot water to loosen the popsicles and then pull them out of the molds.
- Store them in a ziplock bag OR plastic container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Homemade hemp milk is better to use because it is thicker, but it won't kill the recipe if you can't make it or don't have access to homemade
- When it comes to maple syrup, use pure grade, it is more expensive, but a healthier option with zero added ingredients
- Make sure your unsweetened cocoa powder is gluten-free
- Make sure the Stevia powder you decide to use is Pure Uncut Stevia, which means there are no other added ingredients like maltodextrin. I like SweetLeaf Stevia.
- Liquid form and powder form of Stevia are different in baking. This recipe calls for powder form
Not a fan of avocado in your food? No sweat! Don't forget to try these chocolate popsicles too!
- Gluten-Free Cookie Covered Popsicles
- Dairy-Free Maple Chocolate Chip Yogurt Popsicles
- Chocolate Coconut Cream Fudgiscles
Love and Healthy Chocolate Popsicles!