There is a new movie treat in town and it's called Pimped Popcorn. You know what that means right? Nope, not marshmallows and caramel. Nope, not 'fake' butter or artificial sugars. Nope, no artificial food dyes. This type of popcorn won't rot your teeth, or cause cavities or leave you with a crazy imbalanced sugar high and crash. That kind of treat is so last year! These top 30 ways use only natural sugars and power superfoods that will give you healthy energy and satisfy your cravings!! Pimped popcorn is popcorn filled with decadently healthy Superfoods to give your popcorn insane pizazz and a serious nutritional boost without realizing your eating healthy.
Whenever I mention healthy to anyone in my circle, they begin with a sign and a "ugh".
I'm not sure why healthy has such a bad rap. There is so much you can do with healthy!!
You do realize you can eat healthy and decadently at the same time right?
Yup. It can be done.
...and be healthy at the same time!
Healthy Fat Blast: Use a drizzle of Flax oil or melted Ghee.
Sweet Blast: Add melted 100 percent raw or dark chocolate. Cha-ching!
Easy Blast: use pumpkin pie spice from your local market in replace of the above spices.
Sweet Blast: Add melted raw chocolate and/or a drizzle of Agave syrup.
**Caution: if using Agave, note this is not a low glycemic snack.
**To make Goji Berry Yogurt Bark-simply take a handful of goji berries and spread them on a candy mold tray, fill the mold with Greek Yogurt or melted raw chocolate and freeze for a few hours. When ready, break up the bark and add to your popcorn.
Naughty Sweet Blast: Replace brown rice syrup with Agave syrup. (Note: if using Agave, this will not be a low glycemic treat).
Naughty Blast: Drizzle some warmed melted brie on top. Serious Swoon!13. Sweet MIX-Add Watermelon Seeds (these come in a package and are found at health food stores), Golden, raw sunflower seeds, raw almonds, raw pistachios.
Sweet Blast: Add raw honey14. Almond Joy MIX-Add raw shredded coconut, raw cacao nibs, raw almonds.
Sweet Blast: Add melted raw chocolate15. Mounds MIX-Add raw cacao nibs, shredded coconut.
Sweet Blast: Add melted raw chocolate
16. Anti-Inflamatory MIX-Add Turmeric, Cinnamon, Ginger, Cayenne pepper, vanilla powder, gluten-free double thick raw oats and Tigernuts.
17. Chocoholic MIX-Cut 2 vanilla beans lengthwise and put in a closed ziplock bag with the popcorn for a minimum of 24 hours, shaking occasionally so that all popcorn gets mixed with the vanilla. Then discard the vanilla beans and add raw chocolate covered raw almonds, raw chocolate covered Tigernuts, raw chocolate covered raw hazelnuts, raw chocolate covered popcorn.
**To make chocolate covered anything, simply melt chocolate in a custard cup in the microwave for 30 second intervals and dip away. Or use a double boiler on the stove and heat the chocolate till it melts and dip away. After dipping process freeze on wax paper for a few hours.
Easy Directions: Pour melted chocolate into a chocolate mold and add nuts and tigernuts and freeze for a few hours creating a chocolate bark. Once chocolate has set, simply break it up and add it to your popcorn mix.
Sweet Blast: Melted dark chocolate 70percent or higher
Double Sweet Blast: Add a drizzle of Maple Syrup
18. Peppermint Patty MIX-Add a few fresh peppermint leaves into a ziplock bag with the popcorn and keep closed for a minimum of 24 hours. Infuse the peppermint with the popcorn. Then remove the peppermint leaves, and add raw dark 100 percent cacao nibs.
Sweet Minty Blast: Melt chocolate along with peppermint leaves in a bowl. And pour minty mixture on top of popcorn. Fresh chocolaty breath!
19. Spicy Corn on the Cob MIX-Add dried dill, melted Ghee, a dab of Sea Salt, Nutritional Yeast and Cayenne Pepper.
Healthy Fat Blast: Add a sprinkle of Flax oil
20. Healthy High Weedy MIX-Add chocolate covered Hemp seeds, regular Hemp seeds, melted Ghee and raw cacao nibs.
Adults Only THC Blast: Cook actual weed into your ghee in a saucepan and saute as directed in a weed cookbook and sprinkle on the popcorn.
21. Bacon Lovers MIX-Add crispy bacon pieces and Nutritional Yeast.
22. Chocolate Chip Pancakes n Bacon MIX-Add crispy bacon pieces, raw cacao nibs and melted dark raw chocolate. Sweet Blast: Add a drizzle of maple syrup.
23. Sesame Chocolate MIX-Add sesame seeds, raw cacao nibs and melted tahini butter on top.
24. Peanut Butter Cup MIX-Add raw peanuts, chocolate peanut bark, raw cacao nibs and peanut butter to your mix. It will be gooey delicious!
**To make peanut butter bark simply melt raw chocolate into a cup in the microwave or double boiler on the stove. Once melted pour into a chocolate mold and add peanuts. Freeze for a few hours. Once set, break up the bark and add it to the popcorn mix. You can also dip the bark in peanut butter and then add that into the popcorn mix. *Any nut butter or seed butter can be used here.
25. The Classic, The Original Coney Island MIX-Add Sea Salt and melted Ghee.
26. Apple Pie MIX-Add Green Apple shavings, Gluten-free double thick Oats, Hemp Seeds, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cardamom or Pumpkin Pie Spice and sprinkle with Agave Syrup.
27. Pie Crust MIX-Add gluten-free Oats, Hemp Seeds and drizzle Pure Maple Syrup on top.
28. Cinnamon Bun MIX-Add raisins, dates, Cinnamon, Coconut Sugar sprinkles and drizzle Maple Syrup on top.
Naughty Blast-Replace the Maple Syrup with Agave drizzle.
29. Guacamole MIX-Add dried cilantro, dill, Sea Salt, Avocado oil, Cayenne pepper, a sprinkle of lemon or lime juice and shavings of Mango, Pear, Peach or Nectarine.
Spicy Blast-Add sliced Jalapeños
30. Chocolate Garlic MIX-Put popcorn on a foiled greased baking tray at 400 degrees with both roasted garlic and peeled garlic for about 10 minutes or more depending on how toasty you want your popcorn. Keep an eye on it. Then remove from oven, let cool and transfer mixture to a ziplock bag. Shake vigorously, transfer to bowl. Then add raw cacao nibs and melted dark chocolate. Optional to take the garlic out of the mix, or keep it in.
Stay tuned for my post on why Superfoods are called Superfoods, and what the difference is between Raw Chocolate and regular chocolate!
**Hemp seeds to not contain THC.
**Carob can be subbed in for Raw Chocolate.
**Chocolate can be omitted if desired.
**Ghee is made up of Clarified Butter which is purified and organic. It is better for you then regular butter and can be found at your local supermarket in the dairy section. Ask your grocer where to spot it.