Essential spices for everything Chai
- organic nutmeg
- organic cinnamon
- organic cardamom
- organic clove - optional
- ginger - but if you have an allergy or a sensitivity OMIT! You don't need it. You can make up for it with the other spices.
More allergy-friendly smoothies
Chocolate Chai Smoothie
- high-speed blender
- 1 cup coconut milk or hemp milk
- ½ cup raw frozen broccoli
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup frozen skinless cucumber
- 1 medium-sized whole frozen banana
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 ¼ tablespoon raw cacao or cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- small pinch nutmeg
- small pinch cardamom
- 3-4 ice cubes
- In a high-speed blender blast the broccoli and milk together, until almost liquid.
- Add the chia seeds to the liquid mixture while you prep all the other ingredients. This allows the smoothie mixture to thicken.
- Next, add all other ingredients (minus the ice) until well blended and creamy.
- Following, add the ice for one more blend and serve with a spoon or a straw.
- If you want a thicker smoothie add ¼ to ½ cup cooked sweet potato, 1 tablespoon of gluten-free oats, 1 tablespoon of almond butter, or ¼ of an avocado.
- To make this smoothie thinner add more milk of choice.
Health, and good smoothies!
Leave a Reply