This Cantaloupe Pumpkin Vegan Smoothie is an unreal pairing of fruits and vegetables! It's creamy, tastes incredibly sweet without added sugar, and is filling enough to enjoy as a breakfast meal. Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo, and vegan.
IS CANTALOUPE SWEET?
I used to think Cantaloupe wasn't sweet, can you imagine that? But once I did the Whole 30 and Paleo diet and focused on lower-sugar fruits, my palate changed and suddenly fruits I never deemed sweet were full of flavor (especially cantaloupe)!
CANTALOUPE NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS:
- Cantaloupe and Pumpkin are both loaded with Beta Carotene.
- Colored veggies and fruits that are orange, yellow, and red all contain Beta Carotene.
- Beta Carotene then converts into the amount of vitamin A that your body needs.
- Both affect your skin, hair, and nails and Beta Carotene gives you that fake tan look naturally. It's so awesome to see what real food can do for your body!!
WHAT DOES A CANTALOUPE PUMPKIN VEGAN SMOOTHIE TASTE LIKE?
Surprisingly cantaloupe works wonders with pumpkin! It tastes like the sweetest pumpkin you've ever tasted, and it's so creamy! However, do not make this unless you have a ripe in-season cantaloupe, because that makes all the difference!
So this game-changing Cantaloupe Pumpkin Vegan Smoothie happened by accident. It wasn't like I woke up and thought, "OMG I must pair these two fruits together like now!". Nope, not like that at all. It was more like waking up one morning and realizing I needed to step it up and change it up in the smoothie department so that I could rotate my fruits and veggies.
I was sick of the smoothies I had been making, bored actually. So I sat on my couch with my favorite smoothie and recipe books surfing for inspiration (My favorite smoothie books are HERE). And the inspiration I found didn't even involve cantaloupe or pumpkin! It involved Papaya and orange juice which is definitely not my jam, but believe it or not, as a creative soul the colors of papaya and orange juice got me thinking about cantaloupe and I thought well if those too work together then cantaloupe and pumpkin could as well. A star was born.
Ready to gather your ingredients?
Cantaloupe Pumpkin Vegan Smoothie
- Blender or High-Speed Blender
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree canned
- ½ cup Cauliflower florets, frozen
- 1 cup ripe Cantaloupe packed
- 2 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1-2 cups ice
- 1 drop liquid stevia
- 1 tablespoon avocado optional for extra creaminess
- ½ cup additional Cantaloupe optional for extra sweetness
- First blast both the coconut milk and cauliflower until well blended.
- Then add all other ingredients together in a high-speed blender except for the ice till smooth and creamy.
- Add ice and blast again. Serves 2.
YOU'LL ALSO LOVE THESE SMOOTHIES!
Love & Nourishment,
Amy Liu Dong
Such a delicious and easy smoothie to make.
I will def try this at home!
Needed some inspiration for different flavoured smoothies and omg this was soooo delicious! Definitely adding it to my list of recipes!
Amy, I'm so glad you enjoyed it, love different flavors too!
This smoothie was so delicious and creamy! I couldn't believe how filling it was! I'm going to make again for breakfast tomorrow!
Thanks, Emily I'm so glad it was a new breakfast hit for you! xo
Janie | Naughty Kitchen
A great smoothie to have. Love the flavors of cantaloupe and pumpkins!
Great fall smoothie recipe! Thanks!
Oh this looks great. I will have to try when rockmelon is in season again.
When is rockmelon in season for you? So curious.