This Cantaloupe Pumpkin Vegan Smoothie is an unreal pairing of fruits and vegetables! It's creamy, tastes incredibly sweet without added sugar, and is filling enough to enjoy as a breakfast meal. Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo, and vegan.
IS CANTALOUPE SWEET?
I used to think Cantaloupe wasn't sweet, can you imagine that? But once I did the Whole 30 and Paleo diet way back when and focused on lower sugar fruits, my palate changed and suddenly fruits I never deemed sweet were full of flavor (especially cantaloupe)! And cantaloupe works wonders with pumpkin! It tastes like sweet magic! You have to try it! I'm telling you! It's the best! Especially when a cantaloupe is in season and at its most ripe is when your smoothie will be super sweet.
So this game-changing Cantaloupe Pumpkin Vegan Smoothie happened by accident. It wasn't like I woke up and thought, "OMG I must pair these two fruits together like now!". Nope, not like that at all. It was more like waking up one morning and realizing I needed to step it up and change it up in the smoothie department so that I could rotate my fruits and veggies.
I was sick of the smoothies I had been making, bored actually. So I sat on my couch with my favorite smoothie and recipe books surfing for inspiration (My favorite smoothie books are HERE). And the inspiration I found didn't even involve cantaloupe or pumpkin! It involved Papaya and orange juice which is definitely not my jam, but believe it or not, as a creative soul the colors of papaya and orange juice got me thinking about cantaloupe and I thought well if those too work together then cantaloupe and pumpkin could as well. A star was born.
However, do not make this unless you have a ripe in-season cantaloupe, because that makes all the difference!
And most health experts say to get your nutrients from your food. While I can certainly agree you are what you eat, you also are what you absorb! So getting all of your nutrients from food doesn't always happen for most people with chronic conditions, vitamin deficiencies, or Autoimmune Diseases. So I say marry them both! Eat whole foods that have beautiful nutrients and benefits, and what you can't absorb from food, find in supplement form.
CANTALOUPE NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS:
- Cantaloupe and Pumpkin are both loaded with Beta Carotene.
- Colored veggies and fruits that are orange, yellow, and red all contain Beta Carotene.
- Beta Carotene then converts into the amount of vitamin A that your body needs.
- Both affect your skin, hair, and nails and Beta Carotene gives you that fake tan look naturally. It's so awesome to see what real food can do for your body!!
Ready to gather your ingredients?
Cantaloupe Pumpkin Vegan Smoothie
- Blender or High-Speed Blender
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree canned
- ½ cup Cauliflower florets, frozen
- 1 cup ripe Cantaloupe packed
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1-2 cups ice
- 1 drop liquid stevia
- 1 tbsp avocado optional for extra creaminess
- ½ cup additional Cantaloupe optional for extra sweetness
- First blast both the coconut milk and cauliflower until well blended.
- Then add all other ingredients together in a high-speed blender except for the ice till smooth and creamy.
- Add ice and blast again. Serves 2.
Love & Nourishment,