This Vegan Chocolate Pudding Smoothie is so decadent you can eat it for dessert with a spoon! Topped with chocolate avocado pudding, and a creamy sweet smoothie underneath. Sweetened with dates, and sprinkled with chia seeds. Refined sugar-free, nut-free, gluten-free, and paleo too.
First a dessert. Then a smoothie.
First chocolate pudding, then sweet as pie smoothie. The pair is as decadent as they get. Sweetened with sweet potato, maple syrup, turmeric, and cinnamon. And loaded with superfoods to keep you full through healthy proteins, and healthy fats. Two can even share this decadent dessert smoothie. It's so good even your boyfriend will like it!
What makes this smoothie thick and creamy
- Chia seeds
- Sweet potato
- Frozen cauliflower
- Hemp seeds
How to eat/drink this smoothie
- First, use a spoon to eat the avocado chocolate pudding. It's full of flavor you will not notice the avocado base.
- Then add a few ice cubes to the smoothie mixture, and devour with a straw.
How to make this smoothie
- This smoothie is a three-step process. First, there is the base which is the smoothie ingredients. You'll blast those in a blender.
- While your smoothie is frosting in the freezer you'll then whip up the avocado pudding and drizzle.
- Lastly, assembly.
Have you decided whether you want to enjoy this as a decadent breakfast or a chocolaty dessert?
Ready to gather your ingredients?
Vegan Chocolate Pudding Smoothie
- high-speed blender
- food processor
SMOOTHIE BASE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup frozen sweet potato chunks cooked + frozen
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower florets raw
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup optional
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 ½ cups Tiger Nut milk or plant milk of choice
- 1 cup ice
- ½ cup optional: additional plant milk if needed
- 1 tsp optional: chia seeds for garnish
CHOCOLATE PUDDING INGREDIENTS:
- ¾ whole medium-sized avocado, ripe
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan salt
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE INGREDIENTS:
- ¼ cup gluten-free chocolate chips
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
SMOOTHIE BASE INSTRUCTIONS:
- In a high-speed blender first blast 1 cup plant milk with the frozen cauliflower till liquid.
- Then add the frozen sweet potato and addition ½ cup plant milk, and blast until smooth.
- Add all remaining smoothie ingredients except the ice and blast until well blended. The texture should NOT be grainy. If it is you'll need to blend longer. You can also add additional milk if it's too thick.
- Once blended to your desired consistency add the ice and blast again.
- Store in the fridge or freezer while you make the pudding.
CHOCOLATE PUDDING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Using a food processor add the avocado flesh, the cocoa powder, maple syrup, and the pink salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Process until pudding like consistency and then either put into a disposable pastry bag (get it here), or set aside in a dish.
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE INSTRUCTIONS:
- In a microwave melt ¼ cup of sugar-free chocolate chips at 15-30 second intervals, mixing each interval with a spoon until it forms into a liquid.
- Once the chocolate is melted, then add UP to 1 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil. Using a spoon add teaspoon by teaspoon till you get the desired drippy consistency. Mix well.
- Remove the smoothie from the freezer/fridge and using a disposable pastry bag with the bottom cut straight across at the tip or at an angle (for piping purposes) pipe chocolate pudding on top of the smoothie.
- Then drizzle melted chocolate on top with a spoon. Top with additional chia seeds as sprinkles.
More chocolate smoothie recipe inspo
Love & decadent smoothies!