This Vegan Chocolate Pudding Smoothie is so decadent you can eat it for dessert with a spoon! Topped with chocolate avocado pudding, and a creamy sweet smoothie underneath. Sweetened with dates, and sprinkled with chia seeds. Refined sugar-free, nut-free, gluten-free, and paleo too.
First a dessert: chocolate pudding. Then a smoothie: sweet potato pie. The first few bites taste like silky chocolate pudding chocolate but made with avocado! This creamy pudding is so decadent you won't notice the avocado. Savor it. As you start to drink the chocolate pudding smoothie you'll notice the flavors of sweet potato pie. Sweetened with sweet potato, maple syrup, turmeric, and cinnamon. And loaded with superfoods to keep you full and satiated!
How to eat/drink this smoothie
- First, use a spoon to eat the avocado chocolate pudding. It's full of flavor. Take your time enjoying it because it is really rich.
- Then add a few ice cubes to the smoothie mixture, and sip with a straw.
How to make this smoothie
- This smoothie is a three-step process. First, there is the base which is the smoothie ingredients. You'll blast those in a blender.
- While your smoothie is getting cold in the freezer you'll then whip up the avocado pudding and chocolate drizzle.
- Lastly, assembly.
What makes this smoothie thick and creamy
- Chia seeds
- Sweet potato
- Frozen cauliflower
- Hemp seeds
Have you decided whether you want to enjoy this as a decadent breakfast or a chocolaty dessert?
Vegan Chocolate Pudding Smoothie
- high-speed blender
- food processor
SMOOTHIE BASE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup frozen sweet potato chunks cooked + frozen
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower florets raw
- 1 ½ tablespoon sunbutter or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon pure maple syrup optional
- 1.5-2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 ½ cups Tiger Nut milk or plant milk of choice
- 1 cup ice
- ½ cup optional: additional plant milk if needed
- 1 teaspoon optional: chia seeds for garnish
CHOCOLATE PUDDING INGREDIENTS:
- ¾ whole medium-sized avocado, ripe
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan salt
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE INGREDIENTS:
- ¼ cup gluten-free chocolate chips
- 1 ½ tablespoon coconut oil
SMOOTHIE BASE INSTRUCTIONS:
- In a high-speed blender first blast 1 cup plant milk with the frozen cauliflower till liquid.
- Then add the frozen sweet potato and addition ½ cup plant milk, and blast until smooth.
- Add all remaining smoothie ingredients except the ice and blast until well blended. The texture should NOT be grainy. If it is you'll need to blend longer. You can also add additional milk if it's too thick.
- Once blended to your desired consistency add the ice and blast again.
- Store in the fridge or freezer while you make the pudding.
CHOCOLATE PUDDING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Using a food processor add the avocado flesh, the cocoa powder, maple syrup, and the pink salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Process until pudding like consistency and then either put into a disposable pastry bag (get it here), or set aside in a dish.
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE INSTRUCTIONS:
- In a microwave melt ¼ cup of sugar-free chocolate chips at 15-30 second intervals, mixing each interval with a spoon until it forms into a liquid.
- Once the chocolate is melted, then add UP to 1 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil. Using a spoon add teaspoon by teaspoon till you get the desired drippy consistency. Mix well.
- Remove the smoothie from the freezer/fridge and using a disposable pastry bag with the bottom cut straight across at the tip or at an angle (for piping purposes) pipe chocolate pudding on top of the smoothie.
- Then drizzle melted chocolate on top with a spoon. Top with additional chia seeds as sprinkles.
More decadent chocolate smoothie recipes
Love & decadent smoothies!