Creamy and Clean Superfood Chicken Salad Toast recipe for the win! Made with the creamiest gluten-free and dairy-free clean ingredients on the best gluten-free sourdough bread of all time! Tastes like it used to taste, ya know before going gluten-free? Yeah, it’s THAT good.
What do you do when you have leftover chicken and no idea what to make for dinner? I know this happens a lot!
What do you do when the last thing you want to do is be the cook but you are starving?
Ordering out would take at least 30 minutes, if not more, and in that time if you made your own food it could be done well before that 30-minute marker.
What do you do with your leftovers when throwing them out seems wasteful?
What do you do when you only have a few tablespoons left of your yogurt and not enough for a whole yogurt breakfast?
You make this! And you use this bread by Simple Kneads.
Simple Kneads bread is a dedicated gluten-free and tested facility that makes the best bread ever! It’s not too dense, or too squishy and I have never seen holes in this bread as you do with most gluten-free bread. The taste is so good. Simply Kneads really knows how to make simple gluten-free and plant-based breads that taste like the real deal.
Coconut yogurt chicken salad with crunchy celery and a sprinkle of turmeric is the best chicken salad on the planet!! Plus if you use a hearty gluten-free bread, like Simple Kneads Sourdough well then you’ve got yourself a healthy and nutrient-dense meal. This is how you take leftovers and make a genius meal.
It’s creamy and totally dairy-free.
This yumminess is crunchy from celery rather then tree-nuts or peanuts.
Action-packed protein with shredded chicken.
Full-fat coconut yogurt keeps you full and satiated!
Ready to make beautiful music together?
TIPS: You can toast your bread, microwave your bread or have it as is. Whatever floats your boat is what you should make. As for the chicken, you’ll want to either use leftovers or prepare the chicken ahead of time. We will be using your leftover chicken for this recipe. I also love using a really tangy coconut yogurt that is unsweetened because we don’t need sugar in lunch. This yogurt is so legit and amazing. You’ll want to snag Anita’s yogurt when you can.
Creamy & Clean Superfood Chicken Salad Toast
- toaster (not mandatory)
- oven or saute pan
- 2/3 cup shredded chicken cooked
- 1/2 cup celery packed
- 2-3 tbsp tangy coconut yogurt unsweetened
- 1 tbsp parsley dried, organic
- 1/4 tsp turmeric ground, organic
- 1 pinch garlic powder dried
- 1-2 squeezes lime juice fresh
- 2 tsp poppy seeds organic
- garnish salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 slices gluten-free bread sourdough
- Make chicken ahead of time to your desire. Shred cooked chicken breasts into a bowl with your hands and get messy if you need to. Add herbs to the chicken once shredded and mix together so that the herbs are evenly spread into the cooked chicken.
- Massage unsweetened coconut yogurt plus the fresh lime juice into the shredded chicken making sure the chicken is covered in the yogurt.
- Add in celery and mix.
- Add the chicken salad to your gluten-free bread (toasted or untoasted). Then top with a sprinkle of Turmeric and poppy seeds.
- Serves one open-faced slice or sandwich.