Creamy and Clean Superfood Chicken Salad Toast recipe for the win! Made with the creamiest gluten-free and dairy-free clean ingredients on the best gluten-free sourdough bread of all time! Tastes like it used to taste before going gluten-free. 1 slice of Simple Kneads Sourdough, loads of chicken salad with celery, and turmeric.
95% of the time I have plenty to prepare in the kitchen. Almost every single meal prepared by me is made with whole food, good for you ingredients that are always stocked in the kitchen. Except for that one day of the week where I barely have anything left in the house and wonder what to make. Getting so hungry that I'll eat the wall. Naturally, it's that one day you decided not to go to the supermarket.
Sometimes that everything but the kitchen sink salad works and other times like today is just not filling enough. And when you happen to have leftover chicken in the kitchen it's a no-brainer. Superfood Chicken Salad to the rescue made by scraps of leftovers found in my kitchen.
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVERS TO PREVENT WASTE
- Use them
- Have an open mind on what you can do with leftovers even if just a little is left
- Use celery as a crunch factor instead of nuts
- Indulge in dried spices and herbs such as turmeric, parsley, poppy seeds, and garlic powder
- Always remember you probably have some gluten-free bread in the freezer / I had a loaf of Simple Kneads bread
- Be creative and use dairy-free yogurt as your mayo
- Make use of chicken scraps, they go a long way for a hearty snack
All of these foods in their state of leftover form can be whipped together into your next snack or lunch, easily! While alone each ingredient doesn't have enough to make something whole and hearty, together as a team these ingredients combined make magic and nutrient-dense food.
WHAT'S THE CHICKEN SALAD TEXTURE LIKE?
- Uber creamy and thick
GLUTEN-FREE BREAD SUGGESTION
Not all gluten-free bread is created equal that is for sure. Some taste like cardboard, most don't taste like bread at all, many are dense, heavy, and tasteless, while others are fantastic. You have a taste a lot of bad gluten-free bread before you find your favorites. Simple Kneads is a dedicated gluten-free bakery that is tested. And they happen to be the best bread sourdough ever! It's not too dense, or too squishy and I have never seen holes in this bread as you do with most gluten-free bread. The taste is so good, using minimal gluten-free, and vegan ingredients! Simply Kneads really knows how to make bread that tastes like the real deal.
GLUTEN-FREE CHICKEN SALAD TOAST TIPS
- So versatile you can eat it as is, warmed in the microwave, and toasted
- Unsweetened yogurt is the best way to keep the chicken salad savory, and tangy over sweet
- Chicken leftovers should be grilled or sauteed and then shredded or chopped
MORE TOAST RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE TOO!
- Healthy Unicorn Yogurt Toast
- Gluten-Free Avocado Toast w/ Pomegranate Seeds
- Best Gluten-Free Bread Ever
READY TO GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS?
Creamy and Clean Superfood Chicken Salad Toast
- toaster (not mandatory)
- oven or saute pan
- ⅔ cup shredded chicken cooked
- ½ cup celery packed
- 2-3 tablespoon tangy coconut yogurt unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon parsley dried, organic
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric ground, organic
- 1 pinch garlic powder dried
- 1-2 squeezes lime juice fresh
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds organic
- garnish salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 slices gluten-free bread sourdough
- Make chicken ahead of time to your desire. Shred cooked chicken breasts into a bowl with your hands and get messy if you need to. Add herbs to the chicken once shredded and mix together so that the herbs are evenly spread into the cooked chicken.
- Massage unsweetened coconut yogurt plus the fresh lime juice into the shredded chicken making sure the chicken is covered in the yogurt.
- Add in celery and mix.
- Add the chicken salad to your gluten-free bread (toasted or untoasted). Then top with a sprinkle of Turmeric and poppy seeds.
- Serves one open-faced slice or sandwich.
Health and love,
Leave a Reply