Gluten-Free Superfood Avocado Toast with Pomegranate Seeds! The perfect toast for savory and sweet eaters. Luscious avocado spread, spicy greens, fresh lemon juice, and topped with oodles of juicy pomegranate seeds! This toast will light up your senses and satisfy your snack needs. Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and vegan too!
Free-from, Gluten-Free Superfood Avocado Toast! It does exist and it's delicious! Of course, you have to view toast, and bread differently now. Open your palate and experience other flavors, other grains, other types of flours that can also make bread. It may not taste exactly the same, but these crispy crunchy toasts do not disappoint.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT GLUTEN-FREE BREAD
In the land of gluten-free, there are two types of bread: crispy toasts like you see here, and actual spongy gluten-free bread. And, also in the land of gluten-free, not all gluten-free bread is created equal. Some brands that live on the grocery store shelves are made with terrible ingredients, fillers, artificial ingredients, and allergic additives. Some even have holes in them! Actual large holes in the bread. For this reason, I prefer to buy bakery-made gluten-free bread that is also vegan with better-for-you ingredients, or I buy Le Pain De Fleurs crispy toasts. This way you are guaranteed deliciousness all the time.
FAVORITE GLUTEN-FREE BREAD BRANDS
- Zukee Kitchen / Malibu / Order online
- The Greater Knead Gluten-Free Bagels / Brooklyn & PA / Order online
- Simple Kneads Gluten-Free Bread / (Sourdough is my favorite) East Coast / Order online
- Le Pain De Fleurs Crispy Gluten-Free Toasts / Seen here in this recipe / France / Order online
HOW TO ASSEMBLE YOUR AVOCADO TOAST
- First, buy the best gluten-free and free from crispy toasts
- I adore these Buckwheat Crisps made with only 2 ingredients
- Treat your avocado toast like frozen yogurt, and add your toppings
- No candy or artificial ingredients here just use the inspiration of frozen yogurt and toppings
- Slather your toast with luscious avocado, and top your toast with arugula, hemp seeds, sea salt, and pomegranate seeds
- Superfood it up
- Add fruit
- Use pink salt or sea salt
- Pomegranate seeds are a burst of sweet flavor, arugula is used as a spicy green kick, and guacamole as you have always remembered it.
- Add a plant-based protein or animal protein
- Fresh lemon and lime juice for the win!
- TIP: Use your desired measurements, not mine, and get friendly with your kitchen. Because the better you eat, the healthier you become, the more alive you feel.
- Remember if you cannot afford all organic because that gets pricey, do what I do. I follow the Clean Fifteen and The Dirty Dozen which tells me which fruits and veggies are ok to buy conventional over organic.
To be honest, I wasn't sure about the pomegranate seeds, in fact, I figured I'd pick them off the toast and eat them separately. But then something magical happened. Adding pomegranate seeds to avocado guacamole toast was the perfect flavor combination! A full-bodied taste with hints of sea salt, avocado, and juicy tangy pomegranate seeds made this toast better than any avocado toast I've ever had. Those seeds gave this toast a zing of juice amongst every single bite.
MORE GLUTEN-FREE TOAST RECIPES
READY TO GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS?
Gluten-Free Superfood Avocado Toast with Pomegranate Seeds
- 10 Crisp Bread Buckwheat toasts I like Les Pain Des Fleurs
- 1 ripe avocado medium-large
- ¾ lime juiced
- ½ cup arugula chopped
- 1 whole pomegranate of seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 pinch sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- In a medium-sized bowl with a fork or small fondant roller mash the avocado, lime juice, and salt together till desired consistency.
- Place all Buckwheat Crisp Bread toasts on a plate, and add a dollop of avocado mash to each piece of toast spreading it with a knife.
- Add washed Arugula first, followed by the hemp seeds, chia seeds, and pomegranate seeds as the last topping you use.
- Serve immediately because toasts can get soggy quickly if sitting out for too long.
Health and love,