Grapefruit Jicama Green Juice! This simple and light homemade juice recipe takes 4 ingredients, 10 minutes, and a juicer or blender. It packs a nutrient-dense punch, and tastes flavorful and refreshing! Easy, healthy, and loaded with nutrient-dense goodness.
I've been making this green juice for the past few months, and have seen such great benefits from starting with a green juice in the morning instead of a decaf coffee. I feel alive and full of energy, and it feels great! That's why green juices are my favorite way to wake up. It feels good to drink something that tastes delicious while giving my body a burst of nutrients.
Basic green juices call for spinach or kale, usually with lemon, ginger, or apple. And while those are absolutely amazing, I chose to use unusual veggies and fruits for this combination. Vegetables such as Jicama which is often left on crudites platters and bitter grapefruit which is often eaten plain for breakfast as a side dish.
Both Jicama and Grapefruit are underrated and underused. Together they infuse a delightfully refreshing harmony.
Often I am asked why I choose these ingredients over the usual standard green juice ingredients. I get this question all the time.
WHY CHOOSE JICAMA AND GRAPEFRUIT FOR THIS JUICE
Our bodies need a constant rotation of the foods we consume otherwise food sensitivities, and gut/stomach issues can arise. And it's not just about food sensitivities, but also about your body's needs for all different kinds of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. These nutrients, vitamins, and minerals are found in various veggies, and fruits so rotation is NECESSARY.
PERKS OF JICAMA
- Low glycemic
- Jicama is a water veggie
- High antioxidant
- Low sugar
- Aids in weight loss
- Loaded with vitamin C and B vitamins
- Versatile and flavorless
- The only starch veggie that is low glycemic and Diabetes-friendly
- Holds barely any calories
- Tastes sweet when juiced
BENEFITS OF GREEN JUICES
- Boost of energy / Increased energy
- A powerful punch of nutrients directly into your bloodstream skipping digestion means fast-acting
- Liquid nutrition
- Better skin health
- Aids in healing the gut
- Easily absorbed nutrients
GREEN JUICE TIPS
- You will need a nut-milk bag for this recipe. Ordering one or two from amazon will be the easiest route! You'll have them forever and they are not expensive
- If you're ready for seriously greener juices-check out my Gorgeous 21 recipe / 21 photograph Ebook of delicious healthy juices!
MORE GREEN JUICE RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
READY TO GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS?
Grapefruit Jicama Green Juice
- high-speed blender
- nut-milk bag or cheese cloth
- 1 ½ cups jicama raw, peeled.
- 4 romaine leaves large
- ½ red grapefruit peeled
- 2 cups water spring
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Blast all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender until well blended. Set aside.
- Add ice to a large bowl.
- Strain the juice mixture with a nut-milk bag or cheesecloth over the large bowl of ice.
- Discard pulp.
- Enjoy your juice immediately over ice, or within 2 days stored in the fridge.
- The longer you keep the fresh juice in the fridge the faster the nutrients die. You’ll want to drink your juice as close to the date you made it. It tastes better fresh.
- Use mason jars to store your juices in the fridge, then you can shake them up or bring them in your purse for the day.
- If you’re ready for darker juices-check out my Gorgeous 21 recipe / 21 photograph Ebook of delicious healthy juices!
Love and health,