Pimp your sunflower seed butter! Did you know that Sugar is everywhere? Artificial sugars are not healthy for our thriving bodies. That's why I like using sugar-free seed butters! When I went Paleo, Whole 30 for six months-the beginning was so tough. No added sugar whatsoever. It was scary to not have my artificial sugar crutch. How was I going to survive without it? That's why I found multiple ways to pimp my sunflower seed butter! It was time to put my creative thinking cap on and get serious about the snacks I was going to put in my body. Especially since I was learning so much at my kick-ass Nutrition school on sugar and it's effects.
How could I enjoy snacks that were sugar free, and what would they be? How could they be tasty and healthy at the same time? How could I end my sugar craving and heal my body but at the same time nourish my body?
In walks Organic, Natural, Sugar-free, Sodium-free Sunflower Seed Butter by Once Again Organic.
Well, actually, the seed butter didn't just walk in, it was more like I learned a lot at school, I was following a Paleo Diet and had some serious restrictions so I went to the supermarket to the organic seed butter section and picked up a jar. So technically, it was me that walked in. Hahahaha.
Once Again is my favorite Organic brand that is naturally gluten/dairy/soy-free, vegan and Paleo approved and this seed butter has only 1 gram of natural sugar. Artificial Sugar is added into almost everything we eat including the foods we wouldn't think have any (like toothpaste), and it was my job to kick it to the curb. So I did.
Newsflash! Artificial Sugar isn't so even so great. Sure she/he lures you in looking all sparkly and good. Artificial Sugar has some serious hype, but its all a front. Because when push comes to shove and you are having medical issues? Artificial Sugar is NOT there to support you. Artificial Sugar brings you down and keeps you there.
But, Natural sugars in moderation have your back. Those are the kind in fruit, natural nut and seed butters, healthy grains, from bees…stuff like that. And once you change the way you eat, OMG your body, your brain, you psyche, your skin will shine! My only advice is that you stick with organic brands where you can actually read the 3 ingredients listed, over the processed brands where there are 14 plus wacky spelled ingredients that you never heard of.
P.S. If the last ingredient is the actual nut or seed, you can bet minimal amounts are used. Be your own ingredient detective. This is your health.
Does it taste different? Yes, of course it does but in a "does a body good" way! Those processed brands do a great job in filling theirs with chemicals, additives and sugar-all the things our bodies cannot digest properly causing illness, allergies, fatigue, poor energy, leaky gut and other health problems!! By going natural you are using pure forms of natural foods that can aid in you feeling your happiest and healthiest you! Doesn't that sound freaking amazing?
Spoonfuls are great for those moments where you crave a sweet pick me up or a very low sugar dessert treat but it actually tastes like a high sugar treat. My Sunflower Seed Butter has only 1 gram of natural sugars, and my Coconut butter only has 1.9 grams of natural sugar, and same with my unsweetened apple butter-with zero refined sugars. But they taste sooo good!
1. Spoonfuls: Unsweetened Sunflower Seed Butter paired with a dollop of Organic Coconut Butter and Chia Seeds.
2. Spoonfuls: Unsweetened Sunflower Seed Butter paired with a dollop of Organic Raw Cacao Nibs and Organic Coconut Butter.
3. Spoonfuls: Unsweetened Sunflower Seed Butter paired with a small dollop of Organic Coconut Butter and Hemp or Pumpkin Seeds.
5. Spoonfuls: Unsweetened Sunflower Seed Butter paired with Unsweetened Apple Butter and Organic Coconut Butter.
4. Unsweetened Sunflower Seed Butter paired with celery.
5. Unsweetened Sunflower Seed Butter Cucumbers.
6. Unsweetened Sunflower Seed Butter paired with 1 Medjool Date and Organic Coconut Butter. (This is the bomb!! Totally amazing). Keep in mind dates are higher in natural sugars.
7. Unsweetened Sunflower Seed Butter in your GREEN SMOOTHIE!! It's a great way to get that protein and healthy fat in the a.m. I use 1-2 Tablespoons, but you can add up to ⅓ of a cup depending on your recipe.
8. Sweet Balls Of Fire, I call them, or Energy Balls. In the Nutribullet blend Unsweetened Sunflower Seed Butter with Medjool Dates and a tad Unsweetened Coconut Milk or Water to get the Nutribullet going. On wax paper, divide into small balls and roll into Raw Cacao Nibs, Unsweetened Shredded Coconut and Raw Cacao Powder. And then Freeze. Keep frozen, and take out one at a time to enjoy. If they are too sticky for balls, then simply push them into candy molds and freeze as well.
9. Unsweetened Sunflower Seed Butter paired with Green Apple slices and topped with Shredded Unsweetened Coconut flakes and Pumpkin Seeds.
10. A dollop of Unsweetened Sunflower Seed Butter sandwiched by 2 slices of banana dipped into 70 percent-100 percent dark or raw chocolate and frozen.