Fear 101. The number one way to combat fear is to move through the discomfort. Peel back those not so pretty layers, feel the discomfort and move through it. It's just a feeling. A persistent and annoying feeling, but just a feeling, and since feelings are energy and energy moves you won't always feel this way. You won't feel this way forever.
That feeling is fear and it will knaw at you daily. You have to decide daily who is going to win, you and your well-being or fear? And guess what? There's a roadmap for almost everything including this!
Move Through The Discomfort Roadmap:
- Move through the things that make you nervous on a daily basis
- Today do something that's on your list that makes you nervous, despite the fear-based feelings
- Tomorrow do another something that's on your list that makes you nervous, despite the fear-based feelings that feel paralyzing and nerve-wracking
- The day after that do a third something that's on your list that makes your nervous, big or small - every task although seems small is huge
- And the day after that repeat
- Continue your momentum by repeating these steps
- Take self-care days if you are feeling overwhelmed
- Take processing and rest days if you are feeling major anxiety, but don't stay paralyzed
- Take a step forward every single day. That's how you move through the discomfort
Need a tool or two to guide you?
Positive affirmation cards of some of my favorite tools for helping me pursue despite comfort. You can read these yourself, as these don't require any certification to use. It's always okay to ask for help from your higher self, and your guides. And if cards are too woo-woo for you then you must check out the most amazing spiritual read about your rocking soul.
Take out a pen and paper right now, or heck just use your phone. Write down 10 things you have done leading up till now that you once feared, that you no longer fear. You'll shock yourself.
You are winning! Keep the faith!