Grain-free crepes that remind you healthy isn’t so bad. Thin, light, and delightful. The perfect soft tortilla that gluten-free dreams are made of. Making breakfast so much more fun!
Here’s the deal. If you’re going to make something carby like this it’s gotta be filled with a healthy protein source, healthy fats and something healthfully sweet. It’s the perfect combination and will remind you of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Of course, these ingredients are whole and fresh, so it’s going to be even better. Are you drooling yet? You should be.
I have a lot of love for deliciously clean and healthy gluten-free products. It takes time and severe dedication to get it just right and to take the right precautions when preparing our celiac safe products. In honor of Celiac Awareness Month, I’m telling you what I love and what I trust. Please forget about the brands that don’t suit you or that you don’t like. Say goodbye. Just focus on all the good you are learning from this disease, and thank the lord that the universe is bringing you closer to brands you’ll love. It’s just a matter of time before you’re like me having go-to brands you can always trust.
That’s why I can always trust Siete grain-free tortillas. They are super soft, flexible, durable, don’t rip and do not taste rubbery like some actually do. They are light in flavor and use minimal ingredients, allowing the inside to be the center showcase.
My favorite out of all their versions because they have recently brought in newer versions are:
- Cassava flour tortillas
- Chickpea flour tortillas
- Cassava and Chia Tortillas
Some of my clients LOVE the almond flour tortillas and if nuts are okay for you then go for it in this recipe too! And if you are on the paleo diet know that these are a great product to toy with and add into your food rotation.
Did you know that hemp seeds are a great plant-based protein? So is Sunflower Seed Butter! So that’s two awesome proteins in your breakfast. I don’t like empty or fluffy and light breakfasts. Those are pointless. If your food is not nutrient dense it will not take you very far as body fuel goes. SO, that is why I love superfoods like hemp seeds so much because they pack a mighty punch! Add superfoods to everything. Make your bites intentional.
Ready to make beautiful music together?
Sunbutter n Jelly Grain-Free Crepes
- 2 cassava flour tortillas Siete Brand
- 1 small handful raspberries frozen, organic
- 1 1/2 tbsp sunflower seed butter Sunbutter brand, organic
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips sugar-free, vegan
- extra garnish raspberries, hemp seeds, chocolate chips
- Saute the tortillas as directed according to the back of the package.
- Spread about 3/4 tablespoon of Sunbutter on each tortilla.
- Add a little less of 1/2 tablespoon hemp seeds for each tortilla – sprinkle them all over.
- Use an even amount of raspberries for each tortilla.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on the tortilla and then roll up or fold up.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 15-second intervals and max 30 seconds or till warm, gooey and drippy.
- Enjoy this messy goodness with a fork and lots of napkins.