Creamy, thick, silky, and smooth. This Healthy Acai Cocoa Beet Smoothie tastes like chocolate-covered berries with twice the amount of flavor and antioxidants! Superfood berry: Acai packs a powerful berry flavor to the smoothie mix along with cocoa powder as a sidekick. It's an unreal combination and a perfect breakfast meal! Dairy-free, nut-free, vegan, and paleo too!
Have you ever had an Acai superfood powder that tastes so magical, you swore it's a drink of the gods? And then add cacao to it? Well, that's how this decadent and nutritious smoothie tastes! I have to say it tastes like red chocolate. There is so much goodness in this 16oz smoothie, you're gonna go wild when you realize that I just about hid almost everything inside this decadent being.
Healthy, vegan, paleo, gluten-free, sugar-free, soy-free, nut-free, banana-free, and the list go on. Despite all the free-from ingredients in this smoothie, the taste has definitely NOT been eliminated! Ready to drool?
BENEFITS OF ACAI POWDER
- Loaded with magnesium
- Crammed with essential amino acids and antioxidants
- Plenty of Omega 3 & 9
- Full of potassium, iron, vitamin C, and E
- Oodles of B vitamins as B1, B2, and B3
ACAI BRANDS I LOVE
- Organic Acai powder from Healthy Truth tastes like red cocoa. It's quite wild in the taste department because it doesn't taste like the usual ACAI that you may be used to, it's more earthy in taste making this special, especially with chocolate. It's raw, and not freeze-dried. The texture is soft and smooth.
- The Acai powder made at Nuts dot com tastes like true berries and is freeze-dried. The texture is more coarse.
WHAT'S IN THIS SMOOTHIE? YOU SAID IT'S LOADED!
- Frozen zucchini
- Cacao or cocoa powder
- Acai powder
- Chia seeds
- Ground flax
- Coconut milk
- Complimented with a Square Protein Bar by SquareBar which can be found online
ACAI SUPERFOOD TIP
Acai powder mixed with carob or chocolate tastes like a drink for the gods. It's incredibly cocoa with a fruity hint.
IS ACAI POWDER GLUTEN-FREE?
- Healthy Truth Acai Superfood Powder is certified gluten-free and tested at 5ppm. It's organic, raw, and vegan.
- Nuts dot com Acai Superfood Powder is also certified gluten-free, organic, vegan, and tested at 10ppm.
- Not all Acai brands are gluten-free. You must check the ingredients, the labeling, and call the manufacturer
- If you are celiac I do not trust powders that are not certified gluten-free, FYI
- So I should probably just tell you that I'm really, really picky when it comes to choosing gluten-free superfood powders! For me, the powders must be certified gluten-free and at a lower PPM than 20.
WANT MORE SMOOTHIE RECIPES?
READY TO GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS?
Acai Cocoa Beet Smoothie
- high-speed blender
- 1 ⅓ cup frozen zucchini sliced or chopped, peeled
- 5 slices ⅛"-¼" thick beet slices raw and frozen
- ½ cup cherries frozen
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoon Acai powder I use Healthy Truth
- 1 tablespoon cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 drops liquid stevia I use Nu Naturals
- ½ cup coconut milk canned, lite, culinary
- 1 cup water spring
- 1 cup ice cubed
- 1 Square Bar of choice
- 1 handful cacao nibs
- In a high-speed blender first add the zucchini, lite coconut milk, and water, and blast till well blended.
- Then add all other ingredients (except ice, cacao nibs, square bar) and blast on high till blended.
- Add the ice, blend again till perfection. Top with cacao nibs and square bar and drink up!
- To make it extra thick freeze for 20 minutes, then top with toppings and serve.
Health and love,