Podcasts can be compared to modern-day radio. At first, I didn't love the idea of podcasts, but then I started listening and fell in love! At first I boycotted them, was completely against the idea of change, but podcasts offer so much goodness, and I realized that podcasts are the new radio from your favorite people!
I love podcasts! But before that sentence ever came out of my mouth quite a few negative ones did. I hated Podcasts. They felt annoying to me. It seemed like yet another platform I had to learn, and I honestly didn't care to learn it. So I stayed in the energy of hating podcasts. I treated podcasts like they were an annoyance rather than education or even something fun. My comments went like this:
"I'm just not a podcast person."
"I don't even have time to read fiction or a stack of magazines let alone podcasts".
Then I fell in love with this one Podcast about health and wellness. I became obsessed (in a healthy way) with Katie's show Wellness Wonderland where she interviewed coaches from the wellness field. Coaches that were my mentors! Coaches that had done what I wanted to do, and providing valuable information to help me elevate as a human being. So you could say I got more familiar with Podcasts, but only THAT ONE. So my comment was more like this:
"Well, I'll only listen to health, spirituality or wellness podcasts because why on earth would anyone else do a podcast?"
Let's just call out my ignorance here. And really what it was, was fear to learn something new. I never really got the whole Podcast thing and instead of figuring it out I stayed ignorant. After I admitted my ignorance I figured out how to fit it in. Here's how you make the time:
Listen to PODCASTS:
- on the way to work and on the way home
- while waiting for the subway, taxi, town car, traffic jams, elevators or even at the doctor's office
- at the train station or airport
- while getting dressed
- while doing your makeup
- while running errands, exercising, shopping, marketing
- while you're in the bath
- when you get OUT of the shower (you won't hear a thing if you listen in the shower)
- while you're taking a walk, or hanging out at the park/beach
- or even in the comfort of your own home/bed/couch
Here's the deal. Most of these podcasts are long so I prefer to listen to them while I'm doing something else. But you do you.
So how did I go from a hater to a lover?
The Gateway was falling in love with just one.
My passion for it led me to other like-minded podcasts.
And suddenly I found myself listening to podcasts daily!!!!
That brings us to 2019, and then to 2021. Here we are and I'm still listening.
All I can say is that I LOVE podcasts! They are SO inspiring. And I learn so much!
The Podcast hosts I am about to mention have changed me and helped me shift my mindset and perception. These podcast hosts are amazing! I feel so elevated, inspired, and evolved when I listen and that's what I want for you too. Ready for the best of the best?
- And She Rises (the eff up) Podcast with Amanda Frances
- Katie Dalebout of formally Wellness Wonderland and now Let It Out Podcast
- Soul on Fire Podcast by Jordan Younger of The Balanced Blonde
- The Tony Robbins Podcast
- Brand Yourself Podcast with Blair Badenhop
- Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast with Amy Porterfield
- Goal Digger Podcast with Jenna Kutcher
- Party in my Plants Podcast with Talia Pollack
- Healing Uncensored Podcast with Sarah Small
- The Elevator Podcast with Britt + Tara
And if you happen to love t.v. shows like Law and Order SVU or Chicago P.D. then these will be so up your alley to listen to! Hello to True Crime Podcasts.
- Dirty John Podcast by The Los Angeles Times was turned into a Bravo Documentary
- Over My Dead Body Podcast by Wondery
- Serial Season 1 Podcast / This Podcast was turned into an HBO Documentary
- Dr. Death Podcast by Wondery / This Podcast will be turning into a series on Bravo
I hope you enjoy this goodielicious list!