Easy Chocolate Peppermint Bark. Melts in your mouth kind of chocolate bark loaded with chunks of peppermint candy canes. Only 3 ingredients, and minutes to prepare. A festive, and fun holiday treat! Gluten-free, vegan, and nut-free too.
If I knew that peppermint bark could taste so creamy, this would have been on the blog ages ago. I’ve never been a fan of peppermint bark until I found Pinterest. I fell in love with all the inspiration from such talented humans. So I decided to take a crack at it. A happy accident. The original recipe I created didn’t turn out quite right and I made a judgment call to turn it into peppermint chocolate bark! I said to myself: Julie, You can save this! You got this. This was rather an easy fix. A happy accident.
FAVORITE GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE BRANDS
- Hu Kitchen – sweetened with coconut sugar // Certified paleo, and gluten-free
- Lily’s – sweetened with stevia and vanilla // KETO friendly, vegan
- Enjoy Life – sweetened with cane sugar // Top 8 allergen-free
- Nibmor – sweetened with organic cane sugar // Certified gluten-free
- Guittard – sweetened with organic cane sugar, and organic vanilla. Tastes buttery. // Dairy-free and certified gluten-free
MORE FESTIVE RECIPES
READY TO GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS?
Easy Peppermint Chocolate Bark
- double boiler or microwave
- 2 cups sugar-free chocolate chips I used Lily's
- 3 tbsp coconut oil solid preferred
- 8-10 certified gluten-free candy canes
- In a double boiler on low/medium heat melt the chocolate. Once the chocolate is semi-melted add coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
- Once mixed, reduce temperature to low heat. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil.
- In a ziplock bag add all candy canes without the wrappers. Close bag and using a hammer crush the candy canes into tiny chunks. Set aside.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the lined pan. Spread the chocolate into the pan by lifting the tray and moving it from side to side. Then in handfuls add the chunks to the peppermint bark.
- Using the bottom of a fork or utensil swirl the peppermint chunks into the chocolate. Freeze bark for 4 hours to set. Store in the fridge for up to 8 months.
Love and joy,