A Superfood Chocolate Bark that has every nut-free superfood topping you can imagine! From Quinoa to flax, and chia seeds, goji berries pumpkin seeds, and coconut. In addition, this bark encompasses a medley of crunch and flavor! Furthermore sweetened with goji berries, mulberry berries, and raspberries. Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and nut-free too!
Every time I made this chocolate bark for recipe development I kept adding more ingredients. Each time the chocolate bark was made it was delicious, but I knew there was something else that was missing. Of course, I started to play with many types of superfoods. Naturally, I started with two ingredients to stay safe and test it out. Followed by three ingredients, then four, and eventually MANY.
Without a doubt, I kept adding superfood toppings to the chocolate bark. It seemed that all of these ingredients worked really well together, and tasted really good together. Comparatively, even though all versions were delicious, the best one was the medley. And Superfood Chocolate Bark was born!
This chocolate bark is dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, and nut-free. As a matter of fact, I always use the finest ingredients for any recipe that enters my body. Remember that any chocolate you choose much be good quality dark chocolate, otherwise, your chocolate bark won't be as good. As a tip, usually dark chocolate is bitter, with an often unfavorable flavor. Though once blended with coconut oil it goes from bitter to buttery. Uniquely, what is created is a silky, smooth, delicious, and incredibly palate-friendly chocolate bark that is loaded with 9 superfoods.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Goji berries
- Mulberry Berries
- Coconut shreds
- Frozen raspberries
IS IT IMPORTANT TO EAT SUPERFOODS?
- Superfoods are otherwise known as extra nutrient-dense food in smaller amounts.
- Yes, it's important to eat nutrient-dense food when healing, in recovery, on a healing journey, or just want to uplevel your nutrition game.
- You want your body to be as clear and vibrant as possible.
- Eating whole foods helps your body stay vibrant and balanced, EVEN dark good quality chocolate.
SUPERFOOD NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS
- Hemp Seeds: High-quality plant-based protein and high in iron. Hemp seeds are a perfect nut-free alternative. Rich in Omega 3 and Omega 6.
- Quinoa: One of the most nutritious seed/pseudo-grains there is!! A naturally gluten-free grain that is a complete protein. That means it contains everything you're body needs and it's not derived from an animal source.
- Chia Seeds: Loaded in calcium, iodine, thiamine, and many more. Chia seeds are known as an Omega 3 powerhouse!
- Pumpkin Seeds: crammed in zinc and magnesium. Zinc is a powerful mineral for hair growth, nail growth, and the stimulation of clear skin.
- Goji Berries: High in vitamin A, C, and beta-carotene, this yummy dried berry is known for eye health.
- Coconut: Brings healthy fats to the mix. Coconut meat has been known to lower sugar cravings and has been used to lower sugar cravings.
- Raspberries: Antioxidants superhero, and low in sugar.
- Cacao: Extremely high in calcium, magnesium, and iron from a plant-based origin. Rich, and bitter in its natural state.
MORE SUPERFOOD CHOCOLATE RECIPES
- Dark Chocolate Dipped Apricots w/ hemp
- Superfood Chocolate Orange Nachos
- Dark Chocolate Orange Slices
- I get my superfoods from nuts.com - Their gluten-free section measures at 10ppm for its certified products. 100% CELIAC safe.
- My Goji Berries are from Navitas Organics
- I get my Quinoa from Alter Eco
- You can store this treat in the freezer for up to 8 months
READY TO GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS?
Superfood Chocolate Bark
- microwave or double boiler
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips gluten-free
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup quinoa black or white
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds raw
- ⅛ cup golden flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- ¼ cup dried goji berries or mulberries
- ¼ cup coconut shreds
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries
- In a double boiler on low/medium heat melt the chocolate. Once the chocolate is semi-melted add coconut oil and blend well. Once blended, reduce temperature to low heat.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil. Pour chocolate mixture into the lined pan. Spread the chocolate into the pan by lifting the tray and moving it from side to side.
- Sprinkle the sea salt evenly into the bark.
- Add all the superfoods (except raspberries) by spreading them evenly into and across the entire piece of melted chocolate bark. Lastly, add the raspberries.
- Using the bottom of a fork or utensil mix all the superfoods into the chocolate. It will look like a mess. It won’t freeze this way and it will taste divine. Freeze bark for 4 hours to set.
Love and health,