This healthy sweet spot smoothie is sweetened with potassium-boosting bananas and packed in sunflower seed butter protein. It reminds me of peanut butter on bananas. It's the perfect afternoon snack or as a healthy dessert! Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan too.
I'll let you in on a secret lovely!! I get cravings too. There are days where I just want to eat cake with sprinkles, cookies, and gluten-free magic bars. Instead, I channel that power into nourishing but absolutely decadent smoothies that are healthy for my body.
Smoothies are fun to make even if they have veggies in them. It's like making a creamy cocktail this time with good for you ingredients and fabulous nutrition. And now smoothies are even more fun to make and can be made so decadent with cocoa powder, or a nut or seed butter, and even superfood powders. Because of this, I don't feel deprived. I have found my strength by getting creative and using ingredients that I can have. This has empowered me. I think when you start to make smoothies for your body and find that certain ingredients work together you'll get really excited. I just know it!
What hidden veggies are in this smoothie?
- Cauliflower. Steamed. Then frozen.
- Cucumbers. Peeled. Frozen.
Why do you put hidden veggies in your smoothie recipes?
- More nutrition.
- Balance in blood sugar.
- Getting in more veggies when you cannot taste them means more nutrients for the body.
- Smoothies in my eyes are meant to 100% be healthy.
- Adding hidden veggies to your smoothies elevates your smoothie game, which means strengthening your immune system naturally.
Will you taste the cauliflower in the smoothie?
No, not if it's made right. There is a particular ratio of cauliflower that works in each smoothie. If you have made a smoothie and taste the cauliflower it is because there is too much in the smoothie. ½ cup - ¾ cup tends to work really well. If you a newbie start with ½ cup of cauliflower.
A great way to disguise the taste of cauliflower is a combination of fruit, veggies, chocolate, and nut or seed butter. For this smoothie I used Sunbutter, and I love using Sunbutter all the time with cauliflower smoothies.
What to do with extra cauliflower
Make these ridiculously delicious smoothies too!
P.S. I have no idea why the color of this Sweet Spot Smoothie changed in color but the sunflower seed butter has the power to make changes to the color.
Ready to gather your ingredients together?
Sweet Spot Banana Smoothie
- high-speed blender
- 1 medium-sized frozen banana
- ½ cup chopped frozen cucumbers peeled
- 2 tablespoon sunflower seed butter or almond butter
- 1 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- ½ cup frozen steamed cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or seeds from ½ vanilla pod
- In a high-speed blender first, blast the milk and frozen cauliflower together until you have a creamy blend going on.
- Then add the frozen banana in chunks to the blender, and blend.
- Add all remaining ingredients in and blast until ultra-creamy. You may have to scrape down the sides a few times in between blending.
- Serve with a straw.
- Frozen Cucumbers are amazing! Simply wash, peel, slice, and freeze in a ziplock bag for up to 6months. They are also really fun to add to smoothies and provide silica (hair growth) and water.
- Using unsweetened coconut milk and unsweetened nut butter keeps the added sugars low, therefore concentrating on purely natural sugars.
Can’t find sunflower seed butter? That’s OK! Use Almond, Peanut, or Cashew butter!!
- Frozen bananas. Peel and put in a ziplock bag and freeze for up to 6 months. Do not forget to peel the banana!
- To thick for your taste? Add more milk or water.
- To thick for your taste? Add more banana.
Health & nice cream smoothies!