Gluten-Free Avocado Pear Toast is the best gluten-free, EASY snack on the planet! Takes under 5 minutes to make and satisfies every single time. Gluten-Free, dairy-free, nut-free, and vegan too!
When was the last time you heard gluten-free and toast in the same sentence? I silently laugh as I write this, as this is no laughing matter for a Celiac. But gluten-free and toast are often not heard together until we get creative. My Gluten-Free Avocado Pear Toast hits the gluten-free toast spot for sure!
As a Celiac and gluten-free healthy foodie, I have to improvise. I have to change it up. I have to re-create the wheel, gluten-free. We all do. I often hear clients tell me that it’s just not the same. And they’re right! It’s not the same. But just as if you were to try baking with almond flour or chickpea flour each would also taste different and not the same. But it doesn’t mean either of them is bad or taste bad. In this scenario, I tell my clients to try and open up their palates and experience whole foods the way mother nature intended. I tell my clients not to expect everything to be the same or taste the same. The trick is to just find what you love within your new limitations. Follow what makes you feel good.
Making my Gluten-Free Avocado Pear Toast on rice cakes makes me think of just that. It’s not the same but it’s really good and totally healthy.
READY TO GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS?
RICE CAKE TIPS
I love using Lundberg’s organic brown rice cakes! They are certified gluten-free and pretty tasty as far as a rice cake goes.
MORE EASY GLUTEN-FREE TOAST SNACKS
- Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Rice Cake
- Sunbutter n Jelly Grain-Free Crepes
- Gluten-Free Avocado Buckwheat Toast
Gluten-Free Avocado Pear Toast
- 2 gluten-free organic rice cakes
- 1/2 whole ripe avocado
- 3/4 whole ripe pear sliced thin
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 whole lemon squeezed
- In a bowl mash the avocado, salt, and lemon juice together and blend well. Taste it to decide how much lemon juice and salt you desire.
- Spoon half the guacamole mixture onto one rice cake, and to the other.
- Top each rice cake with four slices of pear.
- Top off with chia and hemp seeds. A few sprinkles on each cake.
Love and health,